Black Laced Red Wyandotte Thread

tongue.png
yeah.... I like 'em better that way!

So do I! Several of my birds are far from "show quality", but since that's not what I have them for, this doesn't matter to me one bit. In fact, Avalon has bent toes, one of my Barred Rock hens only has a single eye, and my Blue Ameraucana has crossbeak.
big_smile.png
But you know what? I love them all the more for it! To breeders, our birds look faulty, but they're beautiful and perfect in my eyes.

-Alex

thanks, you just gave me an idea!!
a while ago I made a thread; "what breed or breed mix are these roosters" I and some other members were hypothesizing why these guys were abandoned, and now i think it might have been because of there wrong color!!
the only problem is these guys had worms, mites and a runny nose and i don't really think that a serious enough breeder to cull them because of there color would have so many things going on.
they actually won't provide me with fertile eggs so their color is not a concern for breeding, they are just eye cand, exept they are molting now and look like a bad-quality rumpless BLRW as they have no tail!!!!
lau.gif

thanks, you just gave me an idea!!
a while ago I made a thread; "what breed or breed mix are these roosters" I and some other members were hypothesizing why these guys were abandoned, and now i think it might have been because of there wrong color!!
the only problem is these guys had worms, mites and a runny nose and i don't really think that a serious enough breeder to cull them because of there color would have so many things going on.
they actually won't provide me with fertile eggs so their color is not a concern for breeding, they are just eye candy, exept they are molting now and look like a bad-quality rumpless BLRW as they have no tail!!!!
lau.gif
I am not a breeder, so the fact that they don't match up with the Standards of Perfection doesn't affect my love for my birds.
smile.png
I admire and respect those who seek to abide by the Standards, though, because the chicken-owning community needs all types!

-Alex

Back
Top Bottom