black meat breeds, silkies ect....

I got some other black meat breeds to including the rarest of the bunch: a cemani male chick that I just got from wolfwhyte last week

I am delighted with this topic, because talks about the production that I intend to develop.

Can someone provide me contacts to buy pure large silkies fowls in Europe, and the name of companys that works with black meat broilers?

I am delighted with this topic, because talks about the production that I intend to develop.

Can someone provide me contacts to buy pure large silkies fowls in Europe, and the name of companys that works with black meat broilers?
If only you were in the USA, in the State of California. Our LF silkies are not bred for show type birds and are meat types only. They are very cheap as well, 1=$10 USD/ 7.30 euros
I don't know why many peeple say LF pure silkie are hard to come by or find at all in the USA, but here, they are everywhere.

They only come in white, but you can make any color bird, once bred with another color bantam male silkie and over generations of selective breeding, you can make it into a color LF show type as well. Though, I don't think there is a standard on LF and colors as of yet here.

I think in Europe, you guys have LF white silkies only or are there color ones too?

If only you were in the USA, in the State of California. Our LF silkies are not bred for show type birds and are meat types only. They are very cheap as well, 1=$10 USD/ 7.30 euros
I don't know why many peeple say LF pure silkie are hard to come by or find at all in the USA, but here, they are everywhere.

They only come in white, but you can make any color bird, once bred with another color bantam male silkie and over generations of selective breeding, you can make it into a color LF show type as well. Though, I don't think there is a standard on LF and colors as of yet here.

I think in Europe, you guys have LF white silkies only or are there color ones too?

In Portugal, we have LF in white, black and buff, and i think that we have gray and partridge too, buy only white and black are easy to find.

And we just have LF, nobody knows that slikies exist in bantams too. But for meat, i think that our silkies aren't good, because there are many many hybrids, its really hard to find pure birds. The people who have pures, asks +/- 60 euros = 82 USD, and this pure birds are showbirds, maybe they aren't many meat.

About your meat silkies, i am very interested, can you export animals or eggs to europe?

In Portugal, we have LF in white, black and buff, and i think that we have gray and partridge too, buy only white and black are easy to find.

And we just have LF, nobody knows that slikies exist in bantams too. But for meat, i think that our silkies aren't good, because there are many many hybrids, its really hard to find pure birds. The people who have pures, asks +/- 60 euros = 82 USD, and this pure birds are showbirds, maybe they aren't many meat.

About your meat silkies, i am very interested, can you export animals or eggs to europe?
That's nice, that you guys have in many color forms. That is expensive for just a single bird. Ya, show type silkies aren't for meat purpose, they are just a big fluffy ball of feathers.

I wished I could export some eggs your way, but eggs aren't for sale only the birds. I mean you can buy a male and female and breed them, but as for me, I only have a single female left and she is being cross breed with what ever male I have. And 5 have no clue about shipping eggs over sea or even shipping eggs domestically. Sorry, wish I could have helped you out.

That's nice, that you guys have in many color forms. That is expensive for just a single bird. Ya, show type silkies aren't for meat purpose, they are just a big fluffy ball of feathers.

I wished I could export some eggs your way, but eggs aren't for sale only the birds. I mean you can buy a male and female and breed them, but as for me, I only have a single female left and she is being cross breed with what ever male I have. And 5 have no clue about shipping eggs over sea or even shipping eggs domestically. Sorry, wish I could have helped you out.

And i heard that is very difficult a common consumer like us to trade USA-EUR, because our customs services always blocks everything that comes from USA.
I am in the beginning again, if anyone in europe has that meat LF silkies, please contact me.

And i heard that is very difficult a common consumer like us to trade USA-EUR, because our customs services always blocks everything that comes from USA.
I am in the beginning again, if anyone in europe has that meat LF silkies, please contact me.
That's what I heard too about importing/exporting to and from the USA to Europe. Good luck hope you find some pure LF silkie for a relatively fair price.

I'm very interested in black meat chickens.

I'm getting svart honas from dcchicken on byc, but yesterday I got these cuties from a friend who had her orpington jump into her cemani pen.

Whoops

That's one of the mama cemani and these are the 5 chicks so far (more expected = chicken math + fm meat chickens and bresse)= possibly having fm meat chicken for Thanksgiving dinner.

How long does one raise black meat chickens before processing? What diet is best for good meat/bone/fat/tenderness ratio?

Yes I'm probably going to eat these chickens, more likely if they begin to crow.

I think it would be similar to dual purpose birds, maybe around laying age or 1-2 months past?

They will be big for sure, since it's an Orpington cross, but a bresse like you mention you are going to do, would have been better.

Sorry, don't know any specific diets, but perhaps a high protein diet will work.

And I think this thread has been dead for awhile now, but i'm glad you revive it and your chicks are cute. You'll also love FM meats, kinda different than regular light color meat. Has this more chickeny/gamier taste sweet, but so good.

Hope other members will post on it again
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom