Black Mottled Bantam Information please!

Jeraka1

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
Hello my daughter got a pair of black Mottled Bantams for 4-h. This is her first year showing chickens and we are very excited. Im having a very had time finding information on them. For her Showmanship class she needs to know alot about the breed because most of the points come from the questions the judge ask. Any help or links you could send my way would be GREAT!
Thanks!

Quote:
Yep. Maybe they're Black Mottled Bantam Cochins? Japanese Bantams? I could post lots of links for you, Jeraka1, as soon as we identify the breed!
smile.png

Quote:
Neat! I didn't know those came in Mottled!
smile.png

Ya I think there the "New Old English" for colors. I think there up to 27 Varieties
http://www.rosecomb.com/federation/standard.html

Barred
Birchen
Black
Black Breasted Red
Black Tailed Red
Blue
Blue Red
Brown Red
Buff
Buff Columbian
Columbian
Crele
Exchequer
Ginger Red
Golden Duckwing
Lemon Blue
Mille Fleur
Mottled
Porcelain
Quail
Red
Red Pyle
Silver Duckwing
Splash
Wheaten
White

Chris

Quote:
Neat! I didn't know those came in Mottled!
smile.png

Ya I think there the "New Old English" for colors. I think there up to 27 Varieties
http://www.rosecomb.com/federation/standard.html

Barred
Birchen
Black
Black Breasted Red
Black Tailed Red
Blue
Blue Red
Brown Red
Buff
Buff Columbian
Columbian
Crele
Exchequer
Ginger Red
Golden Duckwing
Lemon Blue
Mille Fleur
Mottled
Porcelain
Quail
Red
Red Pyle
Silver Duckwing
Splash
Wheaten
White

Chris

may be but, good luck finding anything other than bbred, brassy back, black, blue and splash. I know a fella who breeds mottled as well as a few other varieties but, mille, porcelain, lemon blue, exchequer, columbian and wheaten are near impossible to find. I scoured the countryside for wheatens and located 2 breeders in all of the US with them through the rosecomb federation. Im sure there are more... but, you'd think they'd know about it. Here's a pic... just awesome birds. This is a month or so ago and their lobes have grown quite a bit... was thinking of crossing them with the black to help the head.

170.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they are Black Mottled Bantam Cochins sorry about that and Thanks so much for the replys and help! I'll try to get pics up today.

one of the biggest thing judges look for in showman ship is the kids comfort handling the bird. you should be able to find plenty of information on bantam cochins. good luck showmanship is lots of fun

Back
Top Bottom