black sex link,good breed or not?

I had 2 barred rocks which were hatch mates and 1 was way larger than the other (looked about 3 weeks behind) with feather development to match. By week 6 the smaller one had more or less caught up, although still ...a bit smaller

Last edited:
I have a mixed flock... I got 8 'black stars" from MMcMurray... I love these girls!!! one went broody and hatched 3 chicks a few weeks ago, she is an excellent mommy!! they are friendly and sweet.

So if I get 3 BSLs from the same batch will I most likely be able to tell them apart? Chicks and adults? I know they all have different amounts of red, but what are the odds of it being enough to tell them apart?

Last edited:
So if I get 3 BSLs from the same batch will I most likely be able to tell them apart? Chicks and adults? I know they all have different amounts of red, but what are the odds of it being enough to tell them apart?

You can probably tell them apart, but depending on the varying amounts and location of the reddish/copper colored feathers in the neck area, it may not be easy to do at first glance. On the other hand they may be so distinctive that it's no problem. I've seen it both ways among my BSLs.

Back
Top Bottom