Black shoulder experts?

Mindy, did you sneak a couple of guinea feathers in there?
Where you see that
idunno.gif

Mindy, did you sneak a couple of guinea feathers in there?

And a couple chicken and pheasant and probably a turkey or 2. These are Feather Pictures, nobody said it had to be Peacock Only Feather Pictures. I see a Silver pheasant feather from my friend Lynn's bird as well, but I actually don't see guinea in there, that pic must be old, from before I got the "3 Stooges".

Which 2 they all look like pea feathers to me unless there is a chicken feather in there.

I can make out silver pheasant, ringneck pheasant, chicken, and a white turkey. No guinea, so this is an old pic. We had ringnecks for a short time, my hubbies idea, he bought a cock and 5 hens and the cock proceeded to kill 4 of the hens and then my husband just turned the last one and the cock loose, because he was disgusted with the whole business. Took awhile for us to realize it was the cock doing it.
sad.png

Must have been the Silver pheasant feather. '3 Stooges'
lau.gif
That's funny right dere. '3D' ? 3G is more like it.
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Oh yeah, I always look for the best cellphone camera when I'm phone-shopping, because I'm not even sure where the digital camera is anymore...
gig.gif

I have even less idea if I could actually buy film for the 35 mm SLR cameras, assuming I could find them in all the boxes in the garage...

I can usually find my cell phone, except when I have to have the kids call it so it makes a sound... then I track it through the house by ear and hope the battery's not dead
lau.gif

Feeling ancient now
old.gif

On my regular IBBS hens I always felt the speckling was such a dark brown that it might as well be black, on my Bronze BS hen the speckling is a lighter brown. This also follows thru to the true tail feathers. Here is a picture showing one from my Bronze BS on top and the regular BS on the bottom, very obvious difference there. Cameo BS is even lighter, hard to see the variation at all.

I do not have any Purple BS hens, but I am guessing their true tail feathers would be very close in color to the bronze BS.
yes, purple bs hens tail feathers are very close in color to the bronze bs. here's our bs and purple bs hens.

crud that doesn't show the purple bs hens tail... i'll find one.

ok that's the bs hen, they need to make thumb nails bigger I can't see...

The tail feathers always seem to match the colored neck feathers. very dark in the last pict. light in the middle and top picts. This is only going on our 3rd year having them but I've noticed that when they molt and get their winter feathers they are darker.

yes, purple bs hens tail feathers are very close in color to the bronze bs. here's our bs and purple bs hens.

crud that doesn't show the purple bs hens tail... i'll find one.

ok that's the bs hen, they need to make thumb nails bigger I can't see...

The tail feathers always seem to match the colored neck feathers. very dark in the last pict. light in the middle and top picts. This is only going on our 3rd year having them but I've noticed that when they molt and get their winter feathers they are darker.

Good pics, I thought bronze and purple would be close. That fading, where the new feathers are darker/brighter seems to happen with all the sex-linked colors Cameo, Purple, & Peach anyway.

Back
Top Bottom