Black Star Nuts

hahahaha.. i dont have any buffs.. but i want them .. i just ordered another 25 chicks yay.. got me Americana ARAUCANA

I'm a newbie too.
I have one black star and for a period of time it was pecking at freckles on my arms and legs. Whenever it would do that, I would peck back with my hand, just poke at the neck area, not even really touching it, to let it know that I was higher up the pecking order and it shouldn't peck me. Now it hasn't happened in over a month.

I also wear boots when I visit the chickens because otherwise they think my painted toenails are something good to eat.
smile.png

There are many a young bird that can be downright snippy while going through 'adolescence' but usually they outgrow it, don't worry....

JJ

"Black Stars" are a relatively new breed of chicken. They're a special "sex-link" breed, meaning that when hatched, cockerels are one color and pullets are another, so you never have to wonder about the sex of the breed. They're also fabulous egg layers!

I did a search on the internet for you and they said nothing about them being aggressive. Do some searching around and good luck with your issue.

BAZ...

My chicks all pecked my feet, toenail polish, jewelry. Only the rooster does that now. I think yours may not grow up mean, but they'll just be the first ones to get to you when you have a treat and perhaps the only ones to still feel comfortable getting really close to you when they get bigger. My experience reflects that. They could just be braver, more curious, and less afraid of you.
(I have production reds, barred rocks, and a red sexlink.)

Back
Top Bottom