Black star rooster???!

Definitely a cockerel. The comb and wattles are way too big and red for 5 weeks. The comb should be yellow and no wattle development until closer to point of lay
Trust me, I know. I’m an expert in the Breed & Gender forum. I’ve been raising and sexing chickens for years.
This bird is not 100% a cockerel. It may well be, but Black Stars and other hybrids can develop fast. I would like an update in a few weeks. I agree the comb is confusing…but something is bothering me about this. It doesn’t look right for a young cockerel, either.

But just look at those GINORMOUS legs!!😱
I’ve had some hens with those…
7E67DC6C-5C91-45B0-BB62-6A2289EEC7ED.jpeg

But even the bright red comb and wattles?? And how big the wattles are?? I have never had a hen with bright red enormous comb and wattles so young
I’m definitely not saying I’m sure this bird is female. I’m just saying it doesn’t strike me as a 100% male bird. It’s definitely pink-combed, thick-legged, and roosterish. But I’ve seen a lot of black stars and I know they can develop early.
I’m simply saying I’m not certain it’s male and would like an update in a few weeks.

I’m definitely not saying I’m sure this bird is female. I’m just saying it doesn’t strike me as a 100% male bird. It’s definitely pink-combed, thick-legged, and roosterish. But I’ve seen a lot of black stars and I know they can develop early.
I’m simply saying I’m not certain it’s male and would like an update in a few weeks.
OK, will do. I definitely don't want another rooster. Have so many that I will have to rehome, from hatching and purchasing.
All the other black star pullets have small yellow combs. No hint of pink at all. So far all the roosters I've had always looked like this. If this is a pullet, then I will be the most confused! However, relieved

OK, will do. I definitely don't want another rooster. Have so many that I will have to rehome, from hatching and purchasing.
All the other black star pullets have small yellow combs. No hint of pink at all. So far all the roosters I've had always looked like this. If this is a pullet, then I will be the most confused! However, relieved
Do you have pics? I’d love to compare, lol. It might make me sure this one is male.

Back
Top Bottom