Black To White Experiment

Chick #1.
20230401_121443.jpg
20230401_121458.jpg
20230401_121532.jpg

But, my theory though, what if it's a mutation that's not Sex-linked but has branched from the sexlinked barring gene.(Moving away from basics)
Genes don't just hop around between the Z chromosome and any other chromosome.

If it is not on the Z chromosome, it is some OTHER gene, not the barring gene, not an allele of the barring gene, not any mutation of the barring gene.

I believe it's a genetic mutation of the barring gene. I just posted something that explains what I meant, within the realms of possibilities.

I'm not agreeing, nor disagreeing.
To me, that does not at all explain how it could be a "possibility."

But I'm going to quit arguing about it, because it's pretty clear that neither my opinion nor yours is going to change at this point.

Hopefully the breeding test will sort out what's going on, although if this trait only shows up after age 2 we will have to wait a while for the results.

You don't have to have a property adjacent to a crop field or any sort of lawn that's sprayed with a pesticide or fertilizer in order for it to contaminate your soil or water. If that was the case, then we wouldn't be finding chemicals and fertilizers from farming all the way out in the Gulf of Mexico. This is the sort of thing I studied in college as an ecology major. Not a lot of people seem to understand how easily environmental contaminants can be spread, not just by water but on the wind and by movement of animals and people. Seriously, what other explanation do you have for completely unrelated birds losing pigment randomly in your flock? You can't seriously believe it's a genetic mutation that just happens to be occurring in totally unrelated birds all at the same time?

Are you saying that you think the current pullet inherited this from her mother?
She's 2yrs old, not a pullet.

I'm certain it's the mother's side. But will find out when I do the breeding experiment next spring. It is a theory.

I didn't think we were arguing. Thought we were just having a discussion but with different points of view.
I meant the kind of discussion where each side is presenting their view, and showing why they think it is right (which fits under my dictionary definition of "argument.") But yes, "discussion" might be a better word to use, since the word "argument" is more often used when people are getting angry, rather than just discussing back and forth about the matter.

Back
Top Bottom