Blackhead Info?

chichick

Songster
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Is there a website I can go to, to see if there has ever been an issue with blakhead in my area? Or if someone knows if there is an issue with blackhead in NW Ga. I have a 4'x2'x2' "coop" if you want to call it that, that I built for my old rabbit that I now use for chickens and turkey poults. It's 2 levels (chickens in the top, poults on the bottom) and my turkeys havn't had blackhead yet so is that something I should even worry about anymore?

Most often it is seen when new chickens come in from different places. It can be in the soil or brought in from an infected chicken. The south is good breeding grounds for all kinds of stuff. I had posted a site with good info a long time ago... I'll see if I can find it again. It comes from a parasite. I keep Fishzole medication on hand incase I ever see anything starting.... depression, lack of appetite, increased thirst, continuous bright mustard yellow poo.... darkening of the skin on face from lack of blood flow.

i dont suppose the fishzole can be administered through the water eh? i have like 30 turkeys! I had an issue in the spring so i've been keeping a close eye on them ever since.

Back
Top Bottom