• Silkie

• Ayam Cemani

• Old English game bantam

Results are only viewable after voting.

Applewood

Chirping
Mar 11, 2018
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hi! I've had chickens in yesteryear, but I'm on a different journey now. I've had 2 pet chickens before, but now that I'm growing my flock, I'm using a new set of skills built upon my previous chicken experience. I've found lots of help on this forum before signing up, and I've wanted to respond many times with questions and encouragement. Well, now I can! Thanks for the add.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I'd say I'm new, as the previous pair of chickens several years ago I had were more of a single hen plus a tag-a-long hen.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 10 chickens, plus a rooster named Petey.

(3) What breeds do you have? Serama, Ayam Cemani, Old English Brassy Back game bantam, silkie, and Olandsk Dwarf.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Searching about automatic feeders and waterers.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Scouts, reptiles, yarn work, and reading about mysterious history and alternative science. Yep, I'm a geek in many ways other than chickens!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a dog I can't live without, and after my big rabbit died, he cried for 2 days straight. So, out I went to get another rabbit... for my dog. They're best buds and I've never seen anything so endearing. With my dog's rabbit and my chickens, I'm starting a sustainable urban farm in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

I voted! :love
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

Back
Top Bottom