Bleeding Vent and Loss of Feathers

Snakey

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Hello and please help me with this if you can! I'll post a picture of her vent so look away now if you don't want to see that.

My Easter Egger AngelBird has blood around her vent and the feathers were ripped out. I have 4 chickens including her and they free range my yard every day. I found her clumps of feathers in the middle of my yard. She is acting normal, walking around and doing chicken things and I wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't see those feathers missing. When I looked at her vent there is blood and her area seems swollen, but nothing was "hanging out" as far as I can tell (these are my first chickens so I don't know exactly what to look for). These girls have never laid eggs yet and I checked their house and my yard for signs of early laying or eggs or blood and there was nothing like that. My four birds will be 5 months old in a week. I have never seen them fight with each other.

I cleaned her up a little and I have her in a cage inside my house with wood chips and food and water. She's just laying there and watching my cats.

Pictures inc...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom