Bleeding wing feather I think

Debby Duck

Songster
Jul 5, 2020
South Florida
Hi other duck lovers,
I have not posted here for a while now, long sad story. But I have 4 drakes that are always fighting when they're in the pond since it's mating season. They're also getting new feathers that are really pink, I just read why. Today when they came up to eat I noticed one had small blood droplets. I did see another post about the cause. But if It doesn't stop bleeding, will I definitely have to pull this feather? Of course I won't be able to do it I'll have to go to the vet, he's too crazy for me to try to work on him. But I also would prefer not to have to do this since I read that it will hurt him. He already picks a fight with me every chance he gets.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Photo attached

Attachments

• 20230605_204533.jpg
    20230605_204533.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 186
Maybe apply some quick stop. Or cornstarch and honey feed him Lavender to relax him or Chamomile and do what you think is best .

Flour may even work. looks like he has molted and new feathers are coming in. some have to separate their drakes during this time of year. I see your one drake is crested. I'd sure watch him close that none grab hold of that crest since their isn't a skull under it just fatty tissue.

Back
Top Bottom