Blizzard of 2013/Hate winter(pic heavy)

duckinnut

Songster
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
Marshfield, Ma.
Here some photos of yard during and after which resulted in no power for a 7 days and no phone,cable or Internet for 8. Thank God for my wood stove,gas grill and a 2 burner camp stove. Only missed coffee and a shower the whole time.Got to get a camp coffee pot. The girls were a little freaked out and stayed inside for 3 days after but life is slowly returning to quasi-normal although I still have to repair the pen but a least the coop was spared as the pictures will show.

The 60ft pine that took out everything from the street and across the driveway.

A further away shot of the pine.

The 80ft oak that narrowly missed the coop but got the run. You can see where the run got clipped, an fairly easy fix but waiting for the snow to melt a little. Was about 2ft deep the day this was taken.

The top of the oak by the entrance door, had to cut my way in. Not to mention it took out my favorite little white birch.

The pine after it was sliced and diced as well as my electric service. Even my egg selling chair wasn't spared as it got clipped and broke.

Lost 3 trees during the storm, all just tipped over roots and all, this one tipped over my log splitter when it went.

Digging out.

The back of the coop

Looking down toward the coop

Closer shot, the huge pine I always worry about actually saved the coop from taking a hit as it diverted the oak toward the back and broke the limbs off on the other side

Still have a lot of cleaning up to do.

But all and all should be grateful that the house wasn't hit and the coop was spared. There were quite a few house in my neighborhood that were hit and well over 200 hundred trees down in a quarter mile radius of my house that effected peoples lives. There is a least a dozen behind my house that went but have no bearing on anything. Even had an egg customer come Sunday after the storm looking for eggs, gave him a dozen for $4 of course.

Last edited:
Here some photos of yard during and after which resulted in no power for a 7 days and no phone,cable or Internet for 8. Thank God for my wood stove,gas grill and a 2 burner camp stove. Only missed coffee and a shower the whole time.Got to get a camp coffee pot. The girls were a little freaked out and stayed inside for 3 days after but life is slowly returning to quasi-normal although I still have to repair the pen but a least the coop was spared as the pictures will show.

The 60ft pine that took out everything from the street and across the driveway.

A further away shot of the pine.

The 80ft oak that narrowly missed the coop but got the run. You can see where the run got clipped, an fairly easy fix but waiting for the snow to melt a little. Was about 2ft deep the day this was taken.

The top of the oak by the entrance door, had to cut my way in. Not to mention it took out my favorite little white birch.

The pine after it was sliced and diced as well as my electric service. Even my egg selling chair wasn't spared as it got clipped and broke.

Lost 3 trees during the storm, all just tipped over roots and all, this one tipped over my log splitter when it went.

Digging out.

The back of the coop

Looking down toward the coop

Closer shot, the huge pine I always worry about actually saved the coop from taking a hit as it diverted the oak toward the back and broke the limbs off on the other side

Still have a lot of cleaning up to do.

But all and all should be grateful that the house wasn't hit and the coop was spared. There were quite a few house in my neighborhood that were hit and well over 200 hundred trees down in a quarter mile radius of my house that effected peoples lives. There is a least a dozen behind my house that went but have no bearing on anything. Even had an egg customer come Sunday after the storm looking for eggs, gave him a dozen for $4 of course.
uugg!! too cold to look at it ! its been crazy weather all over United States !

uugg!! too cold to look at it ! its been crazy weather all over United States !

I have been working outside since I was a senior in high school pumping gas(a loooooong time ago) to today. The cold never really bothered me but the snow I hated because it always effected my job as it made it harder. Just getting less tolerant now that I have reached the half century mark I guess.

yup. It's been in the 60s and even 70s here. I WANT snow!!

I got plenty, I'll send you some, actually I will send you all of it.
frow.gif

Last week in Scottsdale they had a rare winter storm ! It was like Blizzard, but they are calling it Grauple (not sure the spelling) Who cares ! It was SNOWING !!

Tee shirts are winter weather gear here in Seattleland, this year. Not hardly any snow, very little freezing weather. Not complaining, and I've done plenty of ice and snow over the years.

Imp- taking this year as a gift.

Tee shirts are winter weather gear here in Seattleland, this year. Not hardly any snow, very little freezing weather. Not complaining, and I've done plenty of ice and snow over the years.

Imp- taking this year as a gift.

While not exactly tee shirt weather here last year but fairly mild and only about 5" of snow total. Guess payment has come due this year.

Glad to read you had stuff to get you by.Coffee is a must have for me.It is pretty IF you don't have to go out in it. I would take the snow over the rain/snow we are having. Hate driving in that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom