Block swap. We need no more.

Well I made it.
bow.gif
It was ok, this girl looked like she just came out of high school and she bit her finger nails, bad. I didn't give her a hard time but my DH did a little. She wanted our SS# and he ask why. He said he only gives that to his employer and no one else. She said it would be a good idea for my DS to go to therapy again my husband ask why and she said well if you don't think he needs it then he doesn't need to go. I sent my DS out of the room and said if it happens again I will send him to therapy but he explained that he was tired of the testing and I think it should end with that. She said the case will be closed.

This was all a money racket wanting him to go to therapy because they know he has a medical card from the state.

So the block will be going out tomorrow. Thanks everyone for doing them. And Natasha if you do a swap let me know.

Thanks everyone for understanding.

Glad to hear you didn't go to jail. I'm glad it all worked out. Does sound like they are looking for clients. Heckuva way to fish for them. I started a new thread regarding a new block swap.

Glad to hear things worked out so well.
highfive.gif

But, my word, what an awful few days you must have had.

jumpy.gif
20 out of 24! That is a great hatch, Balefire.

My computer is acting up. I had this all down before and it stopped running. Anyway I didn't mark down a set of blocks so we have 9 sets. I'll go back and see who it was but not everyone put their BYC name on them so give me some time doing that. I'll be going to the PO this afternoon they close from 12 to one for lunch. Here is a pic of them.

Quote:
Oh they look fantastic! I love the chicken fabric. That will probably be my center if it ends up with a center block.
I was thinking the same thing but there's 12 blocks so there's not a center. I'm going to see if I can round up 3 more blocks so I have 15 then I can put it in the center.

I wanted to say thank you all for the special extra blocks you send me.
wink.png
I'm up to 12. I'm not sure if I should wait any longer or start on it. I guess I can start and add more if I get them. Thanks again ladies.

I'm leaving to go to the PO now.

ATTENTION!!!!!

Ginbart's computer bit the dust...she will be getting a new one in a day or so...so if you would, those who participated in the swap, please post here and let her know that you received your blocks. Thank you.

celebrate.gif
The blocks look great. I really can't wait to lay them out on the floor and chase the cat off of them.
I took a picture of what my blocks looked like all together - before I shipped them. I'll take another once I figure out the layout of these.
I think I will just make a lap quilt out of them, as is, rather than make many extra blocks.

I like the idea of these quilts as a continuation of the tradition of the quilting bee, etc. in a time when tradition seems to be frowned upon. I think I will embroider everyone's BYC names on a back panel like all my Grandmother did with all the women from her quilting circle who worked on blocks together. Or, maybe that is what we are all doing and I am just, as my son would say, a "noob".

I signed up for nheimburg's summer swap - it is shaping up to be neat-o. Anyone else plan to join us?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-each-pick-a-different-block/10#post_8653846

barnie.gif
DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S IT'S LIKE TO BE WITHOUT A COMPUTER FOR A DAY?
hit.gif

Well I do and I don't like it. LOL

Anyway I'm back and I seem to have lost all my favorites and my pictures from my old computer.

Let me know when you all get your blocks. Thanks for doing the swap. God Bless you all.

Glad you're back, gin.
Yes, we do rely pretty heavily on our computers, don't we?

nheimberg saved you a spot in the summer block swap. It is shaping up to be a neat swap. We'd love to see you there.
Any luck with the special blocks?

Back
Top Bottom