Blood Stop Power

Windy R

Hatching
Aug 14, 2016
Can anyone tell me if it's safe to eat the eggs of a hen that was given blood stop power? I am not sure what it means when the precautions say not to give to food producing animals? Thanks

I'm a little confused here. Do you mean you fed Blood stop powder to a hen, or just used it externally. If it says not to use on food producing animals, eggs are food I would ask a vet about it. If you just used a little to stop a toe nail(for instance) from bleeding, I don't think that would cause any harm.

Shouldn't be a problem, you'd have to find out what the ingredients are in the blood stop then decide, but I doubt it's anything toxic that could make it into the eggs when used topically.
Next time just use corn starch, works better anyway IMO.

Shouldn't be a problem, you'd have to find out what the ingredients are in the blood stop then decide, but I doubt it's anything toxic that could make it into the eggs when used topically.
Next time just use corn starch, works better anyway IMO.

Thanks for that tidbit of info aart. Luckily I've not had occasion to have to stop mine from bleeding, but knowing that corn starch will work is great to know. Thanks again.

Quote: I learned that when clipping the dogs toenail too short and was out of blood stop......
.....quick internet search gave me the answer, I guess you can use flour too but corn starch worked better, haven't bought blood stop since.

I've never had a chicken comb injury bleed long enough to have to intervene, have had a bleeding pin feather that nothing but plucking it would stop the bleeding

Back
Top Bottom