Bloody Chicken Poop, Diahhrea, Poop Chart

Pics
Casportpony what about this sample? I have 2 pullets about 12 weeks old now. They have been treated with Corid for 5 days and are on grower feed non medicated. Could it be the feed or too many meal worms? They have also had Valbazen a few weeks ago. The chick in the pen with her has normal greenish brown with white caps.

looks like something from her repro tract. Google "lash egg"

-Kathy

Have her on
tetracycline and she is better daily! Now can you help and tell me if anything is abnormal about these poopies from my 3 month old
Brahma girl? Could this be from the grower food? She does seem to nap a little more than her Cochin penmate. Could it be from meal worms as snacks? She has had Corid for the 5 day run and Valbazen. All chips were removed and replaced with sand.Thank you.

ank you

looks like something from her repro tract. Google "lash egg" -Kathy
Have her on tetracycline and she is better daily! Now can you help and tell me if anything is abnormal about these poopies from my 3 month old Brahma girl? Could this be from the grower food? She does seem to nap a little more than her Cochin penmate. Could it be from meal worms as snacks? She has had Corid for the 5 day run and Valbazen. All chips were removed and replaced with sand.Thank you. ank you
Unless I am missing something (pics tiny on my phone) it looks like cecal poop to me.

Thanks! My other concern is mild lethargy compared to her pen mate. I had done a 5 day Corid run for them but did not do the maintenance dose afterwards . So I am repeating the Corid after a 2 week break and this time will give them the maintenance mixture in their water that was posted earlier in this thread. She does look better today as I gave her 0.2 Mls of straight Corid in addition to the water mixture. It's been very hot and rainy this spring so I want to cover the bases.

Is this normal? I just moved my 2 youngest about 14 weeks each to a new coop and run. Have already done Corid so don't know how many times you can repeat it or of I need to. Very hot and muggy today saying 100 + heat index and some of the girls are panting . But not my Brahma who I am concerned about. She has just been taking lots of naps and been. resting. When up she is doing normal chicken activities and eats and drinks well. I've had a misting hose on during the heat of the day. Thanks for any help. Love BYC!

Is this normal? I just moved my 2 youngest about 14 weeks each to a new coop and run. Have already done Corid so don't know how many times you can repeat it or of I need to. Very hot and muggy today saying 100 + heat index and some of the girls are panting . But not my Brahma who I am concerned about. She has just been taking lots of naps and been. resting. When up she is doing normal chicken activities and eats and drinks well. I've had a misting hose on during the heat of the day. Thanks for any help. Love BYC!
looks like there might be some blood in it?

Collect some of it and look at it inside on a white paper towel. Do like this:

This is the same poop moved to a paper towel. regular poop on top, cecal on bottom.

Same poop again. Notice the creamy texture of the cecal poop compared to the regular poop. Interestingly, I think maybe I can see a cecal worm in this picture. Will go back and see if I can verify.

Normal peafowl cecal poop:

-Kathy

If it's got some blood does that mean she picked up Coccidea again? Or does cecal poop have some blood? Too late to dissect as I already pitched it. If she has another questionable poopy I will post it after slicing.
sickbyc.gif

And I have seen this normal looking with the "creamy texture" looking poop. Sometimes 2 or 3 different looks to a single poop.

Back
Top Bottom