Bloody Chicken Poop, Diahhrea, Poop Chart

Hope someone is still subscribing to this thread. I need some answers.
anyone know what this is?
I keep seeing this from one hen. Idk which one. But it has a orange tint to it.

[/IMG][/IMG]also all the other droppings look like they have shredded coconut on them. Is that a parasite? Or am I being paranoid.

If it was me I would start treating for cocciodosis with Corrid and send the poop in for testing for parasites... Looks like blood to me. As for the second, I would say that looks like tapeworm pieces...? But I am paranoid too. I always think everyone- including myself, my family, and all of our pets have worms and usually we don't... I've gone so far as to treat myself with "Fishtapes" probably unnecessarily lol

New chicken mom here. I received 6 "4 week old" chickens from Murray McMurray about 2 and a half weeks ago. We lost one two days ago. She was the smallest, and never look or acted quite right. I think she died of Cocci, which I think is odd since she should have been vaccinated against that. So, we're down to 5 and I just looked at the poop board from last night. There is a questionable poop that I would like your opinions on. The remaining 5 all look healthy and active. Is this stomach lining or Cocci?
It was thinker than I think blood should be. There is no sign of anything like this in the run.

Thank you for looking! :)

New chicken mom here. I received 6 "4 week old" chickens from Murray McMurray about 2 and a half weeks ago. We lost one two days ago. She was the smallest, and never look or acted quite right. I think she died of Cocci, which I think is odd since she should have been vaccinated against that. So, we're down to 5 and I just looked at the poop board from last night. There is a questionable poop that I would like your opinions on. The remaining 5 all look healthy and active. Is this stomach lining or Cocci? It was thinker than I think blood should be. There is no sign of anything like this in the run. Thank you for looking! :)
Welcome to BYC! Is there any chance you can get those chicks to a vet? -Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I believe it's only one, but I don't know who it is. I started them on Curid yesterday, and the poop board this morning had one poop on it with very little blood (just a few flecks). Do you still think they need to go? I'm monitoring everyone very closely... everyone is eating and drinking and active. I'm currently stalking them to see if anyone poops something strange and to try to figure out who the culprit is. If you still think they should go, I will take them. :)

Hi Kathy,

I believe it's only one, but I don't know who it is. I started them on Curid yesterday, and the poop board this morning had one poop on it with very little blood (just a few flecks). Do you still think they need to go? I'm monitoring everyone very closely... everyone is eating and drinking and active. I'm currently stalking them to see if anyone poops something strange and to try to figure out who the culprit is. If you still think they should go, I will take them. :)
If you're seeing less blood and everyone looks okay, probably no need to go see a vet unless you want to spend $100.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Between yesterday and today, all poops look normal to me. I'll know more after looking at the board tomorrow. :) I thought chickens pooped quite often until I had to watch and wait for them to go.

I'd rather not take them to the vet! I just hope things settle down soon so I can just get into a routine with them. Aren't chickens supposed to be easy??? :)

My gawd... After months of treating for cocciodosis, mites, and possible worms as well as a full dose of antibiotics from this bad decision chicken, she still has questionable poop! It isn't outright bloody or tinged, it is solid, but has orange looking bits! What the hell could this be, has she been so damaged from her questionable previous living conditions that she is beyond repair? I might post a picture of her poop for y'all to ponder... but it occurred to me that I have been only using conventional western methods. A light went off and I have decided to dose her with straight oreganol and if that doesn't work I will give in and send her poop in for testing... Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom