Bloody Poop

5starchicks

Hatching
Apr 13, 2016

HELP!!! What the heck is this???
I have a Silkie roo a Silkie hen already laying and 4 Barred Rocks already laying. All are about a year old. I have no idea who did it.
Thank you for any help.

That's weird, did you feed them anything red colored in the last couple of days? Are you noticing anything unusual about any of your birds? Even something tiny?

It looks more like a cecal poop than a bloody one. They can range in color, but are typically a rusty red. Their purpose is to help clear the intestinal tract and they are normal (and stinky!).

I have not fed them anything different then their regular feed. I did see one Barred Rock (Taylor Swift) shoot what looked like a stream of water out of her behind this morning. But do chickens pee?? It didn't look to be runny poo or anything.

I have not fed them anything different then their regular feed. I did see one Barred Rock (Taylor Swift) shoot what looked like a stream of water out of her behind this morning. But do chickens pee?? It didn't look to be runny poo or anything.

If it's warm where you are, and your birds are drinking more water, that could explain the really watery poop. But no, as previously mentioned, chickens do not "pee". They pass their urates with their feces (the white bits you see on the poo).

Back
Top Bottom