Bloody stool Help

Afberno

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2023
Went out this morning and seen one of my hens is having bloody stools. I have 6 hens and a rooster that are almost 24 weeks and 5 hens that are 13 weeks. I am assuming it’s from a older hen because of the area it’s in as the younger ones kind of stay off to themselves. No one is acting different but I am a new chicken owner and very concerned please help.

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Get some Corid, and depending on age of your chickens, get some worming capsules, or drops for water supplies. Follow directions exactly and everything should be fine.

Just noticed the age of your chicks, might be having a problem with Coccidiosis which Corid will turn that around ONLY if you are extremely diligent by isolating the youngsters. We had a short lived outbreak of that darn stuff during a very wet spring. So young chicks less than 16-18 weeks old, are easily affected by too wet of an environment combined with their food and droppings is the recipe for disaster. We lost three chicks in a row and then saved four more out of that same population. It took ALOT of diligence to save them, round the clock drops of ProMoxil, Corid, and B Complex vitamins. Even had to use two direct undiluted drops of Corid once a day for one chick via syringes straight into their beaks. But hey, the last four lived and are doing extremely well.

Back
Top Bottom