Bloody stool

My word. He looked terrible, but great now.

Id start with Corid asap.

2 teaspoons liquid Corid per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Do not add any vitamins/supplements or electrolytes to the water during the treatment period.
Sorry to bother. Just started his corid treatment. I am suspecting I will need to do the drench because he isn’t drinking much and I noticed the water he did drink came back out of his mouth when I picked him up. I sanitized his enclosure and had a question about that. I was told I would need to sanitize it daily until he is well again. Today I used bleach water and scrubbed everything. Do I do that every day? And do I need to be concerned about the water coming back out of his mouth? Could this be anything else besides cocci? Photos of his enclosure included.

Note: this is his permanent enclosure as he is a rescue and cannot be integrated into the flock. He was rescued from fighting. Also, none of my flock are free range and all live in coops because fighting is a problem where I live and free range Roos and hens get lured in and stolen. All of my flock are rescues.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    626.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 13
He’s not eating, drank a small amount and this is his stool tonight, see picture. Sorry to keep adding to this. I picked him up to give him his oral dose and his crop feels like it has fluid in it. Is this part of cocci?

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    915 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom