Bloody tissue in stool

Treats should be 10% of their feed portions, I've been told & read. I stopped all the table scrapes & healthy treats (veggie/fruits) when my girls weren't putting on weight. Then learned that treats off set the nutrition of their balanced feed. So now they get a hand serving of dry feed, I ferment their FR, or scratch at close up. Weights improved and they didn't seem to mind. I was treating out of guilty, mine are confined for their safety.

Correct dosage of Corid is 1.5 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water. How are your birds acting? Anybody acting lethargic, not eating or drinking well, isolating themselves, anybody look 'off' at all? Do you have a vet that will do a fecal for you? That's what I would recommend. Picture is not really clear, but it appears that it might be intestinal lining. Sometimes that can be normal if it's only occasional. A lot of it, or in a very runny dropping it could be something else. A bird carrying a load of worms can also have increased shed, so that's why I'd get a fecal done. That will let you know for sure if you have a parasite and which one it is. Corid works only for coccidia, if you have another type then a different worm medication would be needed.

They get egg layer in a self feeder, cracked corn morning and evening with scrap food in between; however, corn and scraps account for 20%or less of daily feed.
Stop this daily corn and scraps.
This is NOT good.
You are going to cause help problems by not feeding them a balanced complete diet and by feeding daily treats like this they are not getting a balanced diet.

Correct dosage of Corid is 1.5 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water. How are your birds acting? Anybody acting lethargic, not eating or drinking well, isolating themselves, anybody look 'off' at all? Do you have a vet that will do a fecal for you? That's what I would recommend. Picture is not really clear, but it appears that it might be intestinal lining. Sometimes that can be normal if it's only occasional. A lot of it, or in a very runny dropping it could be something else. A bird carrying a load of worms can also have increased shed, so that's why I'd get a fecal done. That will let you know for sure if you have a parasite and which one it is. Corid works only for coccidia, if you have another type then a different worm medication would be needed.
We don’t have a vet. I live in remote alaska. They don’t act like they have coccidiosis. Just noticed the tissue tonight so will watch close. My corid measurements were by memory so they could be wrong. I have a 1.5 gal watered and I mixed the corid per instructions.

A chicken should eat roughly 3/4 cup worth of complete balanced feed per day.
If you're feeding more than one tablespoon worth of anything else per day you're feeding too much of that per day.
1 tbsp of corn is 10% of what they should be eating per day.

I'm worried that you might be way over feeding them the treats which can cause them to get fat which then causes all kinds of problems.... Including makes them more susceptible to a bacteria infection.

Now your picture is not clear enough for me to see but the poop does not look good.
If you read those them with the Corid and it clears up then you'll know what the problem was. If it does not clear up you could be dealing with a bacterial infection and or worms.

No amount of blood or red stuff in poop is normal, imo.

Back
Top Bottom