BLR Wyandotte hen or roo??

The Howards

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Southern Girl in ND
My Coop
My Coop
I got Bonnie June 8th this year. They were suppost to be sexed and was suppost to be a she. I am now wondering if she is actually a he. Bonnie doesn't doesn't look like pics of the females I have found online. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to the gender. I know they are not the best pics but Bonnie never stops moving, Ornery bird!

From the very start she/he has been a dominant bird. When I put her in the pen with some birds about a month older than her she instantly took over as head of the pecking order in the brooder. She still dominates the lower 3 girls in the pen but is not top of the order in the large coop.

Awwww, crud.
he.gif
..... I was soooo hoping that ya'll would tell me that I was wrong. We don't live in the city so there is no laws saying that we can't have roos but we don't want to make the neighbors mad. Guess we should start looking now to find him a nice home............

We decided to keep him! When we started out with chickens again we decided to keep to hens. But we think it would be nice to see some small fluffy rumps running around in the pen next spring. Besides I love his coloring. Looking back I know that I was just in denial. The ducks keep him a good distance away from them, the older girls run him off (they have not ever been around a roo), and he was just to domineering from the get go. So now my question is will we have to worry about him trying to mount the ducks. I had read that drakes would try the hens around it.

Back
Top Bottom