Roo or Pullet?

Guanut

Hatching
Jul 25, 2023
This is Queenie, my 7 week old chick that I believe is a Green Queen. Even when she was much younger she was always slightly bigger than my other chicks and very dominant. All of my chicks were originally sexed as female before being sent to me but I've never been very sure about her. She definitely bullies the other chicks a little bit but I'm not sure if she's just trying to be at the top of the pecking order. Is she developed enough to tell if she's a Roo at this point or am I gonna have to wait a bit longer to see?

Attachments

• Queenie1.jpg
    Queenie1.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Queenie2.jpg
    Queenie2.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Queenie3.jpg
    Queenie3.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 13
This is Queenie, my 7 week old chick that I believe is a Green Queen. Even when she was much younger she was always slightly bigger than my other chicks and very dominant. All of my chicks were originally sexed as female before being sent to me but I've never been very sure about her. She definitely bullies the other chicks a little bit but I'm not sure if she's just trying to be at the top of the pecking order. Is she developed enough to tell if she's a Roo at this point or am I gonna have to wait a bit longer to see?
She is a light brahma which is a large breed. I do no see any male feathering at her current age.

Back
Top Bottom