BLRW for sale or trade, Cypress, Texas *updated* found a home!

LindsayB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
Cypress, Texas
I have a BLRW hen that hatched in may and is not laying. I'm looking for a home for her or I would like to trade her for a BR, BO, or a light colored EE. Here are some photos of her.
chickens058-2.jpg

chickens061.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow! What a Beauty! Too bad I am so Far away in San Antonio! I would have taken that pretty girl in a heartbeat! Hope she finds a good home!

Thank you! she is really beautiful but I dont know why she isnt laying...I need to trade her so I can get more eggs.

Quote:
Wyndottes are a much more slow maturing breed then most other layers. The reduced daylight this time of year can also contribute to it.

Henry

OHh..you are not too far from a friend of mine who lives in Cypress..She lives near Telge in the Enchanted Valley sub..
Your hen looks beautiful. I have Xmas lights on in my pens so my hens can keep laying and plenty of food...lol

I have BLRWs and some of my pullets the same age are just now starting to lay. They do mature more slowly and the shorter days this time of year don't help. From the looks of her comb I'd say she's going to start soon.

My 4 pullets that were hatched the first week of May. The first one started 6 weeks ago. The last of them just started laying last week.

Back
Top Bottom