Blue Ameraucana...BOY??

yogashmoga

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 20, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
So this bird was sold to me as a Lavender Orpington female ("I'm 100% sure"...words to avoid.) The hackles, tail and color definitely had me confused. But this IS my first flock, and I'm unfamiliar with this breed.

Sent this picture to the breeder today. She now thinks it is from her purebred William Morrow line Blue Ameraucanas.

Can anyone confirm this? Love this bird. Mostly concerned with having to rehome a cockerel
1f614.png
. 5 1/2 months old, tallest (though not fullest) of the group. Comb and wattles give no indication...but that TAIL! And shiny, pointy hackles.

No attempts to crow, but this bird is the bottom of the pecking order. Would LOVE to have a rooster that doesn't crow!! Wouldn't we all...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

The seller needs to take the bird back and/or refund your money. First, the bird is male. Second, not an Orp. Third, not an Ameraucana, or not one that even meets the basics of the SOP. Lack of beard and muffs, I can't tell what that comb is but it doesn't look pea, and that coloring is pretty imo but no where near a nice, even shade of a well-bred bird. I would make it clear to the seller she needs to make it right for you. The chicken world can get pretty small and folks who don't stand behind what they sell can easily get a very bad reputation.

The seller needs to take the bird back and/or refund your money. First, the bird is male. Second, not an Orp. Third, not an Ameraucana, or not one that even meets the basics of the SOP. Lack of beard and muffs, I can't tell what that comb is but it doesn't look pea, and that coloring is pretty imo but no where near a nice, even shade of a well-bred bird. I would make it clear to the seller she needs to make it right for you. The chicken world can get pretty small and folks who don't stand behind what they sell can easily get a very bad reputation.
goodpost.gif
I agree, you definitely need to hold this breeder accountable you were basically lied to.....yes anyone can make a sexing mistake but to mistake a BREED twice.......not acceptable!

Back
Top Bottom