Blue Ameraucana Cockrel?

Since I am new with Ameraucanas, want him for breeding,
If you want to hear people scream Easter egger all day , or explain to you ad nauseam as to why your chickens are second class clucks, this would be a good idea.

Here is an example post that you will see. 😉

"Beautiful bird! But I'm sorry, that's an Easter egger. ***insert long explanation here** We have all fallen for this, don't beat yourself up! She will lay beautiful eggs!" **inserts picture of their ameracauna, most likely wearing a crown, being fed grapes by green legged Easter eggers**

A lot of other really good breeds out there, with far less strict, pretentious standards. 😉 Polishes are a great breed, with beautiful varieties, good temperaments and are very hardy.

If you want to hear people scream Easter egger all day , or explain to you ad nauseam as to why your chickens are second class clucks, this would be a good idea.

"Beautiful bird! But I'm sorry, that's an Easter egger. ***insert long explanation here** We have all fallen for this, don't beat yourself up! She will lay beautiful eggs!" **inserts picture of their ameracauna, most likely wearing a crown, being fed grapes by green legged Easter eggers**

A lot of other really good breeds out there, with far less strict, pretentious standards. 😉 Polishes are a great breed, with beautiful varieties, good temperaments and are very hardy.
Ameraucanas themselves are actually a pretty common breed. It’s just hard for someone who’s new to the breed to know what they're looking for.

Ameraucanas themselves are actually a pretty common breed. It’s just hard for someone who’s new to the breed to know what they're looking for.
the Easter egger generally delivers what most common folks are after when they believe they are getting an ameraucana - with probably the main attribute being the colored eggs.

All true breed have very serious standards for showing. They have these standards and are called by a specific name for showing. If not showing you don't have to worry about the name or the standards.

Another reason to have a name or standards is to generate a price. If people believe something is held to a standard and is rare they pay more for it.

If you are not worried about showing or selling then just make sure the chicken your getting does what you want and looks how you want it to look.

🤷‍♀️

I prefer that people know the difference. There's nothing "wrong" with chickens of mixed heritage except people ignorant about breeds claiming to have something they do not. Case in point, the seller the OP is talking to here.

Just like I could buy this bird after being told it was a Jenday conure.
1687791550442.png

I could breed it to this bird I have which is a Jenday Conure.
1687791622095.png

I could then sell the offspring as Jendays.

The problem is that the first bird is a "Sunday" conure. a hybrid between the Sun Conure and a Jenday Conure.
1687791729970.png
x
1687791771263.png
=
1687792124567.png

Not knowing any better I could sell this bird to another breeder to apir with a Jenday, thus diluting the pure genes of the Jenday conures in captivity.

A good rule of thumb is, if someone can't tell the difference between the bird they want and the bird being offered, they should prbably pass on it. I certainly don't see people fussing about Black Australorp and Black Jersey Giant breeders distinguishing their birds by the color of the bottom of the foot.

But perhaps...
Miss Congeniality - Grumpt Elitist.gif

Back
Top Bottom