Blue Ameraucana Cockrel?

blondie55555

Chirping
Feb 14, 2023
Thinking to get this Cockerel. Since I am new with Ameraucanas, want him for breeding, and with all the controversies regarding Ameraucanas, I would like to confirm it is the preferred color of blue and an Ameraucana? Is around 3 months. Would I be able to put 4 month cockerel in with 8 week pullets?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 194
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    745.9 KB · Views: 77
I prefer that people know the difference. There's nothing "wrong" with chickens of mixed heritage except people ignorant about breeds claiming to have something they do not. Case in point, the seller the OP is talking to here.

Just like I could buy this bird after being told it was a Jenday conure.
1687791550442.png

I could breed it to this bird I have which is a Jenday Conure.
1687791622095.png

I could then sell the offspring as Jendays.

The problem is that the first bird is a "Sunday" conure. a hybrid between the Sun Conure and a Jenday Conure.
1687791729970.png
x
1687791771263.png
=
1687792124567.png

Not knowing any better I could sell this bird to another breeder to apir with a Jenday, thus diluting the pure genes of the Jenday conures in captivity.

A good rule of thumb is, if someone can't tell the difference between the bird they want and the bird being offered, they should prbably pass on it. I certainly don't see people fussing about Black Australorp and Black Jersey Giant breeders distinguishing their birds by the color of the bottom of the foot.

But perhaps...
Miss Congeniality - Grumpt Elitist.gif

Back
Top Bottom