Blue Ameraucana thread!

Pics
I have an purebred Ameraucana roo that I wanted to keep for breeding to my black Ameraucana hen in Middle TN. He is gorgeous and a very good well behaved boy with a shorter, quieter crow. The only reason we are re-homing is bc my fiancée is convinced in the new home we just purchased we'll upset our neighbors as our yards are close together unlike our past yard.

He is so good looking and docile bit loves his girls.. Culling would be a waste!

I would consider giving him away for free in trade for hatching eggs in the spring with him and BBS Ameraucanas or blue chicks.

I have an purebred Ameraucana roo that I wanted to keep for breeding to my black Ameraucana hen in Middle TN. He is gorgeous and a very good well behaved boy with a shorter, quieter crow. The only reason we are re-homing is bc my fiancée is convinced in the new home we just purchased we'll upset our neighbors as our yards are close together unlike our past yard.

He is so good looking and docile bit loves his girls.. Culling would be a waste!

I would consider giving him away for free in trade for hatching eggs in the spring with him and BBS Ameraucanas or blue chicks.

Here's the photos:
[/IMG]

My LF BBS Ameraucana pullets are growing much slower than the cockerels, or else they are just really small. The black rooster is about twice the height. At 5 months the four pullets look nearly bantam size (and not mature because they aren't laying yet).

My LF BBS Ameraucana pullets are growing much slower than the cockerels, or else they are just really small. The black rooster is about twice the height. At 5 months the four pullets look nearly bantam size (and not mature because they aren't laying yet).

yes, that has been my experience too. My roo's are almost twice the size of the pullets, who are 6 1/2 months now, and laying. One is alot larger than the other, too.

yes, that has been my experience too. My roo's are almost twice the size of the pullets, who are 6 1/2 months now, and laying. One is alot larger than the other, too.

I had the same thing, but sold the smaller rooster. I wonder if Ameraucana hens take a lot of time to develop size-wise or whether mine simply have a size issue. They are no bigger than my EE who probably had a bantam father. After processing, I will be down to the 4 pullets and 1 rooster. When I pick up my Marans of the same age, they feel like bricks.

Back
Top Bottom