Blue Ameraucana thread!

Pretty sure I have a black Cockerel nd blue pullet. Y'all let me know if my guess is accurate. I need to amend my Craigslist ad here anlin Nashville to get these two into their new homes!
I think you're right, but I'm no expert. Am I wrong here or does your blue pullet look more like a lavender?

I think you're right, but I'm no expert. Am I wrong here or does your blue pullet look more like a lavender?[/QUOT\]

She's too light, her father is black and mother is blue, so definitely blue, but I need to bring darker laced blues in to improve my coloring. I've got good type and egg color, now onto coloring and then combs. A bit out of order, bit my combs aren't that bad, just need to be a bit smaller. Thank you!

I got a couple of good comb pics of my babes this Morning! Love these guys so much!! They have grown so much since my first post 2 weeks ago. It's crazy how fast they grow! Pretty sure I have 2 roos and a hen. They have a small run set up inside my large run so I can start integrating them with my older birds. I'm hoping to let them out in a week or 2. Oldest members of my chicken family are only 3 months, so these guys aren't too far behind, but still only half the bigger birds size. They will be 8 weeks this Friday!
Meet Big Blue
20170614_070206.jpg
No name yet-will hopefully be trading for another hen if this one is a roo.
20170614_070109.jpg
And Jewel
20170614_070251.jpg

I got a couple of good comb pics of my babes this Morning! Love these guys so much!! They have grown so much since my first post 2 weeks ago. It's crazy how fast they grow! Pretty sure I have 2 roos and a hen. They have a small run set up inside my large run so I can start integrating them with my older birds. I'm hoping to let them out in a week or 2. Oldest members of my chicken family are only 3 months, so these guys aren't too far behind, but still only half the bigger birds size. They will be 8 weeks this Friday!
Meet Big Blue
View attachment 1042068
No name yet-will hopefully be trading for another hen if this one is a roo.
View attachment 1042067
And Jewel
View attachment 1042070

They are just lovely! I have found that it's not so much the cone shape as it is feather development and cone redness as to help determine their sex. I've had some babies with more prominent combs and 3 rows even that have turned out to be hens. But it's the ones that turn pink early on that help me determine the males, I'm no good at feather sexing.

A good place to post is this thread, and Ravyen is a good person to ask. Send clear profile side shots of their feathers and she can help you with a good answer. Jewel looks like a cockerel to me at first glance.
IMG_5974.PNG

They are just lovely! I have found that it's not so much the cone shape as it is feather development and cone redness as to help determine their sex. I've had some babies with more prominent combs and 3 rows even that have turned out to be hens. But it's the ones that turn pink early on that help me determine the males, I'm no good at feather sexing.

A good place to post is this thread, and Ravyen is a good person to ask. Send clear profile side shots of their feathers and she can help you with a good answer. Jewel looks like a cockerel to me at first glance.
View attachment 1042102
Thanks so much! Then fingers crossed I end up with 1 roo and 2 hens! Only 1 is showing a bright pink/red comb so far!

I have a couple of blues that I hatched and raised. Wonderful birds that come when they are called, follow me around having a conversation and actually do a couple of silly tricks. Also lay a really nice blue egg too.

I love my blue americaunas. I have two hens that are under a year old laying beautiful blue eggs. And I hatched 7 this spring. And the littles are much more sociable band friendly. Not sure which are roosters yet they are 7 weeks old.
IMG_20170708_194839.jpg
IMG_20170708_194757.jpg
IMG_20170708_194750.jpg
IMG_20170708_194513.jpg
IMG_20170708_194347.jpg

Do you guys think this chick will be a splash? I know the pic isn't great, she's really light grey with dark splotches. It would be great if she is, my others are all the slate blue grey color, which is also beautiful.
suber.jpg

Back
Top Bottom