Blue Andalusian thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MrsMoonCat

MrsMoonCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA

Thank you, I am getting excited for hatch day!! I actually have cochins that I specifically bought for broodies. Of course none are cooperating while my pretty blues are spitting out eggs like crazy. Never fails :rolleyes:

2. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI

So any hatching update! :D

3. MrsMoonCat

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA
    No news yet. I was thrilled as 10 out of the 12 set went into lockdown so we are anxiously awaiting that first pip any time tonight or tomorrow :)

4. Hens and Roos

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI

Good Luck hope you have a great hatch!

5. MrsMoonCat

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA
    They're here!! We had two chicks that never pipped, but the rest are happily exploring the brooder. This photo includes their Cochin hatchmates. Happy Hatch Day!!

[​IMG]

6. Hens and Roos

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Very cute! Sounds like you had a good hatch!

7. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    sigh.... can't wait for andalusian babies....

8. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    I have two Blue Andalusian pullets, and love them! They just turned 5 weeks old and by far, the one I named Dora, is the most outgoing, attention loving bird in my flock. This morning I reached in to grab their treat bowl (to fill with scrambled eggs) and they all came forward to say hi. Dora stood and let me scratch her shoulders, with no panicked running away and so I picked her up and cuddled her for a while. This is a first, since they had all been going through the "OMG SCARY MONSTER!!" stage with me for weeks *lol*

9. MrsMoonCat

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA

That always cracks me up. They are nosy as all heck, in your way and then run screaming. Mine are just over a week old now and are getting a bit braver. They do like to hide behind the fluffier cochin babies.

10. Elias at heritage farms in AR

I have andalusians in all colors. Shipping might be quite a bit. I live in northern Nevada and have used boxes which would save you some money too. I'd have to come up with some numbers for you so let me know if you're interested.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by