Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

Quote:
The link did work. I ordered $50 worth - waiting for them to come. But I can not find the word ones that will stay on. They all seem too long. Did you order them from that same place?

I think I will try the silver and gold paint though.

I did and got the most beautiful gold words ever-so EASY to apply almost too easy...words like "peace" hope-love-joy etc.... so pretty

Those are exactly what i wanted and could not find them. Maybe I am all thumbs!
tongue.png

Quote:
I did and got the most beautiful gold words ever-so EASY to apply almost too easy...words like "peace" hope-love-joy etc.... so pretty

Those are exactly what i wanted and could not find them. Maybe I am all thumbs!
tongue.png

Ill hunt around and post back here with the link:)

@aceschix-yes I ordered rub-ons from the ezrubontransfers.com...sonew123 had provided that information a while back---Thank you, sonew123! I also have been getting quite a few at Joanns-they are having a good sale this week and they have an additional 10% off coupon.

I am really spending a lot of time working on these eggs-can't seem to stop!
tongue.png

I am determined to perfect the step of painting on that triple thick-I have been applying two coats and I think it makes them look really nice. The first ones I did-I painted on way to much and when they dried it looked like a candle had melted all over them.
sad.png
I still get a few drips now, but I'm getting better. If anyone has any tips or tricks I would love to hear them. Maybe just several thin coats is the trick.

As far as the rub-ons that work well...the ones that didn't work for me are the translucent butterflies and some silver holiday words-Joy to the World, Noel, Joy (with a snowflake for the letter O).

I ordered the gold words-peace, hope,love...that sonew123 just provided the link to and they are really pretty and easy to apply.

Good luck with decorating everyone!

Last edited:
OK......you guys have inspired me. I want to make an ornament for my 2 children. If you don't mind tell me.....what do you use to drill the hole in the egg without cracking the egg? I'm assuming a small drill bit.

M.sue :

OK......you guys have inspired me. I want to make an ornament for my 2 children. If you don't mind tell me.....what do you use to drill the hole in the egg without cracking the egg? I'm assuming a small drill bit.

I use a thumb tack, but others may use a small drill. Everyone has their own technique.​

I use a kitchen knife and tap...tap away until you get a little hole. My bead caps can cover various sizes of holes. Just be sures yours can cover whatever you make.

Jewelers screwdriver works great for me--just use the 'corner' of a regular head small one, scratch a little where you want your hole, then gently push it in. I can then carefully pry away a little more shell if I want the hole bigger.

Back
Top Bottom