Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

Quote:
Sarah- welcome to BYC! Instead of posting your nice decorating ideas here on this thread you should make a new post for it so everyone will see it. I'll bet you will have lots of comments and ideas exchanged if you did it that way.

Until I get my bead caps, I think I'll use the little jingle bells I got, since they are just the right size to cover up even the biggest holes, and they have a very handy little 'handle' on top for me to tie the ribbon to for hanging
smile.png
Nice and appropriate for Christmas anyways!

Just had to come here and share my exciting news. Since our poultry judging competition was Tuesday, all the eggs we were practicing grading had to go. So I decided to take them home and use them for decorations. I had NO idea we'd gone through that many sets. I now have 180 large white eggs in the backseat of the car!
th.gif
Finally, some eggs I don't have to wait to blow out when we're eating eggs!
ya.gif
Some have cracks and a few cartons have been written on with a red sharpie, but the cracked ones will do good in the garden and the marks can be covered with paint
big_smile.png

When I bought my 8 dozen blown eggs off of ebay, I got about 2 dozen white ones. I am now experimenting with painting them to look natural before I decorate them. It's kind of fun trying to replicate nature. I'll post pics when I'm done.

So with this many eggs, I'm wondering if there's an easier way to save eggs without blowing them out
tongue.png
I know you can set them aside and let the insides dry out on their own, but how long does that take?

Any other ways of doing things like this? How about hardboiling them first and then letting them sit?

I think it would take a really long time for them to dry naturally, like 6 mo or more, depending on your climate.

I got brave and just posted an ad on CL to sell some of my ornaments. Any suggestions to make it better? I am taking some better photos as the ones I have aren't that great.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/art/1497206941.html
Mary of Exeter, do you have pics of the jingle bells on your ornaments?

Last edited:
Lesser made, stamped plastic sells for $5.99 at most any store.

If you can get $7 go for it.

The eggs are not free and neither is the work or supplies to create a 'green' ornament.

it's too expensive for a store bought mass produced ornament.. but this is a handmade artisan ornament...

you can always let them try to make a deal... but if you start low you have no room to bargain without losing money

i think the add looks great.. good luck with it!!!

Quote:
That was my thinking; I can always lower the price if they don't sell. And I put a LOT of time and energy into these, as you guys know. I really appreciate the input, suggestions and support. Thanks!

And Miss Prissy, I hope you can appreciate the hours, days, and months of energy,thought, creativity, and FUN you inspired in me with this craft. I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I read your post, and didn't imagine how far I'd end up going with it. I just wanted to say thanks.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom