Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

Note to self, dyed eggs are much harder to transfer rub-ons. I opened up my pack of white snowflakes, not even thinking, and discovered you don't see them that well on white eggs, LOL. Duh
tongue.png
So instead of waiting until we ate eggs so I could blow out some brown ones, I decided it'd be quicker to dye them blue. It wasn't easy, so parts of some of the rub ons aren't there, but it still gives it a neat effect...since the parts that didn't stick, took away some of the dye.

Who are you buying blown eggs from on Ebay?
I saw someone selling "araucana eggs" but they were blue, green and pink... which means they were easter egger eggs. None of the eggs I saw listed seemed to have good prices...

Quote:
Oriental Trading has so much stuff. I could spend a lot of money on there
tongue.png
They have a lot of bead caps and stickers, but if I remember right, not a huge variety of rub-ons. Etsy.com has many people selling bead caps too.

I would not buy any rub ons from Oriental Trading! They were the worst ever! Most of the rub ons were messed up cuz they had gotten stuck to the backing and a lot of them I had to just throw away. Very bad quality!

Quote:
Oriental Trading has so much stuff. I could spend a lot of money on there
tongue.png
They have a lot of bead caps and stickers, but if I remember right, not a huge variety of rub-ons. Etsy.com has many people selling bead caps too.

I would not buy any rub ons from Oriental Trading! They were the worst ever! Most of the rub ons were messed up cuz they had gotten stuck to the backing and a lot of them I had to just throw away. Very bad quality!

Ohhhh. Thanks for letting us know!
smile.png

Ok everyone,

Thanks for getting me started on yet another project!
tongue.png

I blew out my first two eggs today, while in the midst of all the other stuff I was supposed to get done. I cracked them both but think they may still be salvagable. For all of you looking for bead caps try this site:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/

I used them back in my jewelry making days. I haven't ordered from them lately but in the bead world they had great prices and while they are 'wholesale' they sell to the public, being in Oregon there is no slaes tax (bonus)

They have lots of really neat beads that could add a little sparkle to our eggs, and even some neat christmas charms (not cheap, $2.00 - $7.00 per) that would look very nice hanging from the bottom on that extra special egg.

I have an ornament exchange this weekend so I have to be done by then. I'll definitely post some pictures of my creations that you all have inspired.

Quote:
Just checked out ur blog! U have a BEAUTIFUL place!

Thanks! I haven't updated it in awhile- we had a bad garden year, but I hope to soon. We love it too- which is why we came here 18 months ago- moved almost 400 miles from "home" to live a quieter, peaceful, more productive life
smile.png

WOW , Awesome eggs everybody , they are just so beautiful !

I have decided to give this a try . Tonight i blown out 6 eggs (broke one) and dried them in the microwave . Now i just have to run to the craft store and find the rest of the supplies this week i hope .

My chickens are not laying very well at this time so i will also be running to get some eggs so i can blow atleast a dozen more. Oh why didnt i find this thread sooner ,LOL

There are so many great ideas on this thread . You all are very talented .

Thank for sharing such a wonderful project !

Fay

Back
Top Bottom