Blue Fawn Runner Ducks

jrsqlc

Obsessed with Peafowl
12 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Northwest Ohio
I have 2 Blue Fawn Runner Duck Drakes for sale or trade.

They both have blue heads and white bodys with fawn patchs.
They are about 9-10 months....I would have to look up their birth dates if you really want to know!

I am looking to sell them, or trade them for other runner duck hens.
May trade for other ducks, pheasants, peafowl, gamefowl??????
PM me offers!!

ALL BIRDS ARE PICK UP ONLY, UNLESS YOU PAY THE FULL AND EXACT AMOUNT FOR BOX, BOXING, AND SHIPPING COST!!! I WILL REFUND THE DIFFERENCE!!

They are the 2 on the left
46025_dscf0971.jpg

Last edited:
These are fawn and whites, not blue fawns. Possibly blue fawn and white but a true blue fawn would look like a grey runner pattern wise but would be blue diluted, so instead of green headed drakes you would have powder blue headed drakes.

Yeah, they are Fawn and Whites. Blue Fawns have more of a dark slate Blue head then powder Blue though. The homozygous birds, Pastel, have the lighter Blue heads. You are absolutely right though, Blue Fawn is Blue on the wild-type pattern (Mallard/Grey). We raise Blue Fawns here in Runners, Mallards, and Calls.

Your birds are gorgeous though, OP, and certainly worth far more than the starting bid. I need to add new blood to my Fawn and White flock and certainly would bid if I were closer!
smile.png

thanks for the input everyone!! I was told they were blue fawn when i got them as chicks.....i really like the blues but they didnt color out like i wanted.
I thought $5 starting point would at least get a few bids, but hey..............

jrsqlc- You might be able to still get some female Blue Runner ducklings from Metzers this year. They should be stopping any day though, but I think sell into December. They will ship as few as a couple birds and will sex them as well. Blue ducklings are a darker grey, although the Silver from Blue breedings can indeed look similar to Fawn and Whites as ducklings since the F&W can be so light in the down color. If you order from Metzers though, they will definitely both be Blue and the correct color as they are one of the few that doesn't also send Black or Silver/Splash when you order Blue.

friedeggs- The pattern of white is indeed Penciled or also known as Pied or Runner pattern. There is also a Blue Brown Penciled. It is the same color as Penciled or F&W, just with heterozygous Blue (one "dose" or Bl/bl) rather than the double Blue dilution of the F&W (Bl/Bl) or the no Blue dilution of the Penciled (bl/bl). Blue Fawn though is not at all similar to the Fawn color of the Fawn and White, like the OP's birds. I know that makes it confusing. Blue Fawn Penciled would look completely different as it would be much darker (since no brown dilution, which is also a component of the Fawn color) and you would see the wild-type pattern, rather than the even color and no eye-stripes that Dusky creates (the base pattern of Fawn). If you google "Blue Fawn Pied" Calls, they would show you the color that would also be Blue Fawn Penciled. The fact that "Blue Fawn" and "Fawn" are not even somewhat similar really confuses people.

Well I am not going to raise runners this season, but thanks.
Also, i breed many types of blue chickens, ducks, geese, and peafowl

I understand what you mean about the color blue....but these guys head coloring is a grey blue just like my pitbulls.

Back
Top Bottom