Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

The only wish is his tail were a little wider. He did take a 1st at our local fair :)

Quick question, I just purchase a 6-7 month old BLRW cockerel about a month ago. The last 4 days I have been introducing him and his pullet to the rest of my pullets and today I notice he is very thin. He acts fine but just skinny. Is this normal for them at this age ? He is super tall and seems to be growing fast. I took all my other pullets out today so he could eat uninterrupted just incase they were bullying him from food (which I haven't seen at all) he ate a little but not like he was starving. Would I be worried? Here is a pic of how tall and lengthy he is but once you put your hands on him is all fluff

I was recently at a fair and saw a beautiful BLRW trio for sale. I loved the blue of the rooster, but the two hens had gray looking laced feathers. Gray vs blue laced. Is this from breeding blue to splash or to many blue to blues and loss of color?

I find the blue gene in chickens to be very interesting and I am courious to learn more. I have a small flock of laying hens that have the blue gene, my favorite our my two splash BLRW (I think. Both are very light blue).

Another question: Does splash lighted as the hen ages or darken?

I have a six week old BLRW chick, coloring is either splash or very light blue, trying to decide if I'm thinking pullet or roo. The comb and wattles seem a little red for six weeks, but my other BLRW had very quickly developing combs as well. No other roo characteristics, but he/she is still young. Any thoughts?

I have a six week old BLRW chick, coloring is either splash or very light blue, trying to decide if I'm thinking pullet or roo. The comb and wattles seem a little red for six weeks, but my other BLRW had very quickly developing combs as well. No other roo characteristics, but he/she is still young. Any thoughts?

Have you checked the saddle feathers? Round means girl and pointy means boy, but you probably already knew that...lol

Back
Top Bottom