Blue Laced Silver Wyandotte or Orpington?

I have an incubator full of my first attempt at crossing my SLW roo over my splash BLRW hens. They are Foley lineage. Looking forward to results
bow.gif

Hope to see lots of pictures!
yippiechickie.gif

New Dickey's incubator is loaded, and my shippping boxes and NPIP certification finally arrived! Have chicks and young birds available. Many more hatching on the 30th March, and the 18th of April. PM me for details / reservations /prices. All have had their Marek's vaccine. Youngest I am comfortable with sending is two weeks old. I am in California 95638 if you want to look up shipping prices to your zip code. They must go Express.

Silver Laced rooster over a splash Blue Laced Red hen - first gen of "Violet Laced" Wyandotte

I have a few other first generation that are 3 months now but they got mixed up in the brooder with my BLRW and now not sure who is who until these feather out - oops
roll.png

I hope the violate laced work out for you. My wife and I have been searching all over for them with no luck until now:D

Thank you. I fell in love with the color when I saw it. Currently I have only found the variety in England and Australia. I will open the group with luck in Spring 2016.
bow.gif

I love the color combination in these birds. Are you still selling chicks of this type? I originally fell in love with the splash variety of the blue laced red wyandotte. I just love the whimsical look of the very lightest birds!!

I had good luck with my first group of hens. The F1 I think in the chart last summer.

My F2s are just starting to feather out now. They are coming out about 50/50 silver lace and lavender lace. This is my first roo in the color and my favorite
wink.png
....too early to see any leakage but crossing fingers!

Last edited:
I have a question...
I hope someone might know.
What can I breed a Blue Laced Silver rooster to, to produce more Blue Laced Silver chicks????

I have a question...
I hope someone might know.
What can I breed a Blue Laced Silver rooster to, to produce more Blue Laced Silver chicks????

A blue laced silver male over standard silver laced females should produce chick's roughly evenly split between blue laced and black laced silvers of both sexes. Or

A blue laced silver male over blue laced red hens will produce silver based pullets roughly 50% should be blue edged , 25% your standard black edged (silver laced) and 25% splash edged which will likely look mostly like a white bird. The males from this cross will be split gold/silver, looking more like a silver with brassy yellow in the saddle and hackle feathers as they mature, with the same blue/black/splash ratio as the pullets. Or

A blue laced silver male over gold laced hens will also produce silver based pullets, roughly 50% will be blue trimmed..

Thanks so much for the response.
I have a Gold laced, a Silver laced and 2 Blue laced red hens.
So I could get a percentage of Blue laced silvers out of all of them?

Back
Top Bottom