Blue Laced Silver Wyandotte or Orpington?

Thanks so much for the response.
I have a Gold laced, a Silver laced and 2 Blue laced red hens.
So I could get a percentage of Blue laced silvers out of all of them?

You can get blue laced silver female chicks out of all of your females, but only the silver laced female will be able to produce pure blue laced silver male chicks.

Hi, me again...
Ok, I just hatched out my first generation Blue Laced Silver pullets.
Should I put them with my first generation Blue Laced Silver cockerel,or put them with
a Silver Laced cockerel to produce more Blue Laced Silver chicks???
I seen on page 2 that they recommend a Silver Laced roo with F1 Blue laced Silver
hens.

Last edited:
I had good luck with my first group of hens. The F1 I think in the chart last summer. My F2s are just starting to feather out now. They are coming out about 50/50 silver lace and lavender lace. This is my first roo in the color and my favorite ;) ....too early to see any leakage but crossing fingers!
So, how is your project going?

Still no major leakage of the red. These are my F2s at about six months. I like how the lavender is coming along in the lacing and structure overall. Roosters are still in their juvenile 6 month old lanky stage! Their color seems to look darker in my pictures. I will try to get some better shots soon more in the sun. They just started laying this week!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Still no major leakage of the red. These are my F2s at about six months. I like how the lavender is coming along in the lacing and structure overall. Roosters are still in their juvenile 6 month old lanky stage! Their color seems to look darker in my pictures. I will try to get some better shots soon more in the sun. They just started laying this week! :D
So pretty. Congrats on the incoming eggs.

Would anyone be able to tell me which color this little one is? I was told blue laced wyandotte by the feed store but we are new to all these colors :)

Yes I have a project color in the works. It is in England and Australia, but not here (yet) as far I can find. I am calling them Lavender Laced instead of Blue Laced because they will breed true, without the black and splash varieties. Here they are today at 7 months....

Yes I have a project color in the works. It is in England and Australia, but not here (yet) as far I can find. I am calling them Lavender Laced instead of Blue Laced because they will breed true, without the black and splash varieties. Here they are today at 7 months....
I am still crushing on these beauties!

Back
Top Bottom