Blue mix Cochin x Calico Cochin?

Aug 20, 2017
I have a hen that is a Blue Cochin Mix.
Father:
25% Splash Wyandotte Bantam
25% Black OEGB Bantam
Mother:
50% Buff Cochin Bantam

I want to breed her with a Calico Cochin Bantam. I would think the results to be weird. Y’all give me some of your thoughts.

Have you ever played with a chicken calculator? It's fun for the novice, and I'd imagine a tool for the more experienced.

Toss a pic of the birds in question up when you get a chance.

https://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html?mgt=E:e^b/e^b,Pg:pg/Pg,Ml:Ml/Ml,Mh:Mh/Mh,I:I/i+&fgt=E:e^b/e^b,Pg:pg/Pg,Co:Co/Co,Ml:Ml/Ml

If you click the "show examples" button, you can choose a general color pattern w/o knowing the actual genotype. It's not that accurate that way, especially using a 3 way cross, but it can give you a general idea.

For example, this is for a Jubilee Eng Orp rooster, and a Light Brahma idea I'm toying with.
Screenshot_20191229-170947_Opera.jpg

If you want more of an input selection, click on the link the red arrow is pointing at. It opens a new page, scroll all the way to the top, and you'll see some drop down windows, 4 tiers and 2 stacks. The second tier from the top is English language. Select the two color patterns you would like to play with, and click "to chicken calculator."

What I'm describing is not the most accurate, but without knowing the exact build of the Cochin mix, I don't think there really is an accurate ay without breeding and testing to see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom