1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Modern Game Bantams?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Oct 15, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I picked up 2 chickens today, 1 was a cornish hen and the other was sold to me as a pullet(i think is actually a cockeral) modern game bantam. I think that the modern game is actually a blue color. i didnt know if that was recognized with this breed or has any one ever tried that color variation? i believe that the modern game is actually a mutt cross between either a blueish colored EE or a blue ameraucana/modern game bantam. I will try to post pictures tomorow of him/her but for now what are your thoughts? has any one tried this color variation with this breed?
    Thanks
    ~Bri

2. Hi Bri! Blue is a recognized variety of Modern Game bantam.
    What a lucky find! I only have birchens here, but would love to find blues.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Oh thanks! [​IMG] I guess i am lucky then... [​IMG] but i dont think he/she is a true blue..

4. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Quote:If you are serious about Blue Moderns there is a guy in NC that has some of the best.
    PM me and I will give you his contact info.

Bob

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Is this the bird in question that you posted here?
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=257206
    If so I don't think he is a modern game bantam looks more like a some kind of old english game bantam.
    He isn't a true blue. He has some gold blending in the wings and maybe in his back.
    He could be a Golden Duck Wing / Blue cross.

6. HeelerDawg

HeelerDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Southeastern,Kentucky
    My brother had some self blue modern game bantams, (different I know than the blue, but still nice.) Here's a pic of the hen.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by