Blue Partridge Silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jen5680, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Hi,
    I have a beautiful partridge roo and only one partridge hen and I have a beautiful blue hen that was in a pen with a roo that
    has yet to show any interest in the ladies so I put the blue girl in with the partridge boy becasue I have seen sonorans blue partridge and fell in love!! I was wondering if anyone else breeds the blue partridge and if you have any pics I would love to see them!! Also I was told how to get the best coloring ect and was wondering what you all do.
    Thanks.

2. Puresilk

Puresilk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    [​IMG]
    Napoleon
    [​IMG]
    Cleopatra
    [​IMG]
    My wifes showgirls, Rocky and Lola. Got some eggs in the bator from these two pairs.

3. jen5680

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I guess you and I are the only ones! Lol!

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:This is cool. I have a white showgirl who crossed with a partridge silkie. One of the chicks looks like your showgirls, kinda. I'd wondered what to call the color. It's definitely blue and getting all these lovely buff highlights. The blue part is darker though, more like Napoleon's coloring.
    Will try and get a new photo this afternoon. More buff comes in every day and she ( [​IMG] ) is getting very pretty!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  5. jen5680

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Wegotchickens....Pictures???? LOL!!

6. mlove

mlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    tx
    They are beautiful! I just bought three blue partridge chicks and I hope they are half as nice as yours.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Here are two so-so pics of got of wegotchickens' little partridge showgirl last weekend. Front right one in this pic.

[​IMG]

a close up for color:

[​IMG]

It sure is a pretty little thing.

She also got a solid black chick from two partridge parents...I now have that baby.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by