Blue Partridge Silkies

jen5680

Southside Silkie Shack
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
SW Ohio
Hi,
I have a beautiful partridge roo and only one partridge hen and I have a beautiful blue hen that was in a pen with a roo that
has yet to show any interest in the ladies so I put the blue girl in with the partridge boy becasue I have seen sonorans blue partridge and fell in love!! I was wondering if anyone else breeds the blue partridge and if you have any pics I would love to see them!! Also I was told how to get the best coloring ect and was wondering what you all do.
Thanks.

grooming.jpg

Napoleon
cleopatra3.jpg

Cleopatra
showgirl%20pair.JPG

My wifes showgirls, Rocky and Lola. Got some eggs in the bator from these two pairs.

Quote:
This is cool. I have a white showgirl who crossed with a partridge silkie. One of the chicks looks like your showgirls, kinda. I'd wondered what to call the color. It's definitely blue and getting all these lovely buff highlights. The blue part is darker though, more like Napoleon's coloring.
Will try and get a new photo this afternoon. More buff comes in every day and she (
fl.gif
) is getting very pretty!

Last edited:
They are beautiful! I just bought three blue partridge chicks and I hope they are half as nice as yours.

Quote:
Here are two so-so pics of got of wegotchickens' little partridge showgirl last weekend. Front right one in this pic.

HPIM7207-1.jpg

a close up for color:

HPIM7217.jpg

It sure is a pretty little thing.

She also got a solid black chick from two partridge parents...I now have that baby.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom