Blue / splash clean-faced Easter Eggers (blue / green eggers)

Sounds good to me! I said I wasn't gonna hatch till February!
gig.gif

I wouldn't mind a little experiment. I'd be willing to try February, especially towards the middle of the month.

To get the black skin they'd have to cross what I hatch from you with a Silkie, right? I can definitely do that. Then I'd cross the Silkie/Naked Neck/ EE's all together or try and cross some EE in there?
Lol how fun this is going to be!! I might even try some Araucana...can you imagine fluffy faces, naked necks and no behinds!
lol.png

I'm a fan of beards and muffs, so I think I would definitely breed anyone who shows up with beards and muffs. One thing that's nice is the black skin and naked neck is dominant, however the extra toes and the walnut comb seem to be, too, whenever I've crossed Silkie with anything.
roll.png

OOOOOOH, Im in, fill everyone elses first and I would love to get some at the end of February first part of March please!!!! I would like around 2 dozen when you get them. Let me know. I will always take other extras you have too..
clap.gif
I am trying to decide if I want to get a Brower Top hatch bator after we get tax money back. I really want to hatch more eggs but I dont know if I want a bator or just use broodies... I will know by then. Jenn

Whoa, someone else is working with blue egg laying naked necks?

Are yours pea or single combed? Mine are single combed, which apparently is quite rare- the combination of single comb and blue/green egg layer.

Have been working with mine with the goal of making naked necks that more or less match the standard except lay blue or green eggs. I am also working on black skinned naked necks, also fitting the standard type except with black skin. Am still battling small size and feathered legs on some- they originated from mongrel stock and ever since I read the combination of single comb and blue/eggs were so rare, decided to try selecting them out and working to clean up the type..

If anybody else is also working on either, would love to talk! Also need new blood, would love leads to persons or even hatcheries who have large naked necks, especially those that also lay large or x-large eggs.

Kevin

Quote:
Those sound pretty cool! Unfortunately for me, Im getting rid of most of my birds so I cant hatch anything else,lol. I'd love to see pics if you ever have time though.

Quote:
Regarding NN. I got some really great NN's from Ideal. Big, big birds, didn't keep them until laying age, as they ate a ton and I decided against breeding showgirls, but I bet they'd lay large eggs. At 15 weeks they were as big as most of my grown laying hens and were still growing!

Oh wow thanks for that info, Angie! Anybody have Ideal naked necks?(that was fun to say)?

I know what you mean about getting rid of excessive eaters.. got rid of Asil & Cornish for that reason.. they seemed to be forever "starving". I even worried from time to time they might be skinny but no, their breasts and legs were very thick & muscular like Arnold.

Back
Top Bottom