BMD souluable ....how to use it for 2 chickens??

And I think the dose you were shooting for was 50mg/kg (22.73mg per pound).

-Kathy

Should I try something else?? I have been tube feeding my Welsummer for a month now...I am about to just let nature take it's course with her. I really don't want too, but I don't know what else to do. She only pecks at her favorite treats, she does eat but not very much. I never see her drink water, but her energy is still ok. Not what she used to be, but not lethargic. My langshan is acting more normal than she is, just not eating and drinking as much as she was. She gained a pound all by herself after i got her over her last illness.

What would you do??

Yes, with the powder. I should have been more specific since neomycin exists in an oral solution. Bacitricin and neomycin have both been in use for many years, and am not sure either would have the efficacy they once had. Eggcessive mentioned Chlortetracycline and Amoxicillin, which are both effective against E. coli. Are you sure it is a bacterial infection? I have used both and the stools returned to normal within a week. Consider you could be dealing with Coccidiosis or intestinal worms if a vet hasn't diagnosed a stool sample a few times to determine it is bacterial.

They have both been dewormed with Valbazen and I treated both for coccidiosis with corid. I am currently using the liquid neomycin with the powder bacitrician. My langshans stools are firmer now, hopefully it stays like that!

How much are you tubing?

-Kathy

I give her 60ml of water in am before I go to work...come home around 12:00pm give 60 of food, come home from work give 60 of good, then 60ml of water before I go to bed.

It's exhausting and I only get 30 minutes for lunch. I have done that for a month! It's too much so I am dropping the lunch feeding. I tell my husband to just give her her favorite treats.

I tube my langshan only water in the am. She is still eating well enough so she hasn't lost weight. I will give her a boost of kaytee for the protein.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom