BO Gender

SC-ChickMom

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 21, 2011
Lexington
Got this BO as a packing peanut. We have found homes for 3 or 4 of the ten we originally received. Hubby has agreed to keeping one cockeral. This particular one, I tried to mark with food coloring (very messy) because it is constantly with our EE(the only one she allows near). This one will stay with us for this reason. I was noticing that this one is the smallest, it has a more rounded tail and smaller legs than the other packing peanuts so it got me wondering: It is possible that this is a pullet? They are 10.5 weeks old. So is there a chance this is a she and not a he? Thanks.

I agree, looks like a pullet to me. She looks just like my BO girl did at 10.5 weeks. I would think she would have much larger wattles and a larger/fuller tail if she were a cockerel.

Unfortunately an orpington pullet at only 10.5 weeks would not be that red or even have that large of comb/wattles, he is however going to be a beautiful cockerel.
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone. This little guy is the lightest in color of all. In all honesty I was not expecting any pullets but I was hoping. My little EE appears a little neurotic. She rarely leaves the coop and constantly walks around peeping. This little BO is her side kick. They roost together, eat together and leave the coop together. I must say that the next time I want chicks they will be BOs. They have been the best little chicks ever.

Back
Top Bottom