boat as coop?

Oh dont forget the little swords and the rum. No forget the rum, you dont want a bunch of drunk pirate chickens terrorizing the neighborhood.
lol.png
Guess that "coop" don't have a crows nest.

Is she not sea worthy? You crazy person! I love this idea!!! (and I mean crazy in an affectionate way, so any crazy people, don't get yer britches in a bunch cuz I'm crazy, too!)

engines and transmissions are on ebay now....I had planned on putting this boat in our little pond in the woods(40+ acres) and use it as a deer stand but just found out it is illegal to shoot a deer from a boat that is on the water.
sad.png
sooo....now the fridge in the boat will be an incubator-thank you mister rooster-and when it gets too crowded in the boat we can move everybody up to the penthouse in the back yard.

93936_treehouse.jpg

still nobody is using the plank...guess it might be the dog....but have kept her inside all day. I found four of them hiding out in the garage that is adjacent. I tried putting some food on each tread of the plank but no joy. at a loss as to how to train a chicken
smile.png
I would think it would just be a matter of food where you want them to go....patience-patience. it has been suggested I put a fence around the boat but seems to me they could just jump off the boat right over it unless it was like an Avery. ???

Your plank might be too narrow for them. You could try adding another board to make it wider.

To teach them to use a ramp, I place them near the end, either going up or going down. Then they walk on it a little to get used to it, but the distance isn't very far, so they tend to walk it, rather than fly off. Especially going up.

They probably don't associate the boat with 'home' aka. 'a safe place to be' quite yet. Keep their food and water in the boat and bring the strays back to it periodically. I'll bet as soon as they associate it with home, they will be up and down the plank and filing in for bedtime. Don't give up! Are you locking them all in at night? Once they have a week locked in at night, they will know where home is. Make sure you have enough nesting boxes with some golf balls or plastic easter eggs in them so they know where to lay as well.

Back
Top Bottom