Bobblehead is a BOY!

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
Well, my prize, precious Black and White Polish Crested tried out his crow. This is really one of the most disheartening things for me. We don't live in the city limits, so maybe its not going to be too terrible. Is there a chance that he won't be an obnoxious crower?

Have you got any other roosters? If not, you just might find you LIKE the sound of a rooster crowing!

I originally planned on returning any chicks bought as pullets which "turned into" roos, but when my EE chick surprised me, I had already gotten attached to her/him. And now that he's all growed up, I think he's wonderful. I LIKE listening to him.

What I'm having trouble with now is deciding if my neighbors, who swore and be-darn they didn't hear Carl and/or he didn't bother them, will feel as charitable when the bantam Buff Brahma gets his crow on AND the two Sebright roos get their crows going good. Right now all three are fairly funny in their baby crows.

I had enough males prior to cutting back on numbers that at any given time someone was crowing. Now that I have less than half of what I did, it's far too quiet around here. My little seramas make hardly any noise at all. One LF Australorp roo isn't very frequent and I miss my boys. I could always tell who it was that was crowing. Or, it could be it's just to dang hot outside for anyone to crow right now, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom