Bobwhite quail choking?

I tried putting some olive oil and squeezing her crop area but she still is acting as if something is stuck in her throat. In case she has a disease I did order Duramycin Powder a few weeks ago but it hasn't arrived yet. Not sure if that will help.

Anything else you think I should do?

Thank You JJMR! I'll order some Wazine wormer right now.

I WOULD RECOMEND THE SAFE GUARD IN THE FOOD THING.... ITS FASTER AND EFFECT FOR GAPE WORMS AND ALMOST EVERY FEED STORE I HAVE EVER SEEN HAS IT IN STOCK 24/7... SINCE THE BIRD IS EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS I WOULDNT RECOMEND ANYTHING THATS GOING TO TAKE LONGER THAN NECESSARY TO GET IN HAND AND USE

X2

Wazine only kills round worms and nodular worms in the intestines. It will not touch gapeworms or any other worms in the quail's system. So go for the Safeguard. It WILL take care of the gape worms. Good luck!

I already ordered wazine but if you guys recommend safe guard I'll try that. I only see Safe guard thats for goats is this kind fine for quails?

Thanks!

Is it possible that maybe the quail just has digestion problems when she eats. I even noticed her droppings were whitish. I'm going to be prepared with the Wormer just in case.

If she does in fact have gapeworms, than she probably is loaded with other worms. So her entire system is probably compromised and not working well. Has she ever been wormed before? She could probably use a good worming. Worming should be done at least once a year to keep the worms at bay. Too many worms can and will kill your birds.

I researched today a little on worming quails, and some people actually use DE to treat internal parasites and worms. I have heard of using it external but didn't know it could be given to the birds to eat. Has anyone tried this on quails?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom