Bobwhite quail choking?

DE is great to spread around the coops, bedding and in dusting pans. The DE will cut the exoskeletal system of the mites and kill them, as DE is microscopically sharp. Some people say that ingesting this same DE will do the same to the internal bugs, but I would think that after DE gets wet, it looses its ability to do the same as the dry stuff. This is only my opinion however.

BUT this being said, it can't hurt to sprinkle it on the feed once in a while. Make sure to purchase food grade DE.
smile.png

DE is great to spread around the coops, bedding and in dusting pans. The DE will cut the exoskeletal system of the mites and kill them, as DE is microscopically sharp. Some people say that ingesting this same DE will do the same to the internal bugs, but I would think that after DE gets wet, it looses its ability to do the same as the dry stuff. This is only my opinion however.

BUT this being said, it can't hurt to sprinkle it on the feed once in a while. Make sure to purchase food grade DE.
smile.png

Thanks twocrowsranch
wink.png
, I'll look to get some DE for them.

Hi,
I have this one female bobwhite that whenever she eats its looks as if shes choking. The other bobwhite quail doesn't have this problem just that one female. Would anyone know what it may be?

Thank You!!
Hiya٫ there are two things it may be. It could be from a disease٫then take to vets or from its food which you would squeeze its bone down its belly 3 times gentle

Back
Top Bottom