Body Hatching

It was from the first day of incubation it made it to full development but had trouble hatching. It had managed to pip and start zipping but the zipping was all over the place. The vibration from the bus movement kept forcing it to change position and it exhausted itself. I was on my way home from work and did not expect an early hatch. It was due on the weekend. Came as a bit of a shock.

However Wisechicks has had success with normal chicken eggs i believe. And there is a book on japanese women who use this method.

Humidity and temp is pretty much taken care of yes.

Last edited:
I have two in right now. We are on Day 3. Will be candling tomorrow to find out if they are keepers. Due on Halloween if all goes well.

It's just the normal padded type. I've never had one break in there. Did have one fall out and smash though so it's a good idea not to load yourself up with too many.

As far as hygene is concerned you can wrap them in a very thin piece of tissue if you need to. I take them out to have a shower each day. I figure even quails have to get up off thier eggs for a little bit so they will survive for a little while.

I don't move much in my sleep so i don't bother taking them out unless i'm in a great deal of discomfort. Then i usually rest them in my hand under my neck or put them in a small box and sleep with this on my chest. I have tried putting them under the cat when he's asleep. Cat's are only 34 degrees though and usually move once they figure out what you've done.

You could put them in a bator overnight. My husband doesn't like me wasting electricity and i've caught him switching off my bator on occasion to spite me. It's sabotaged quite a few hatches. Also a friend took it upon herself to fiddle with the temperature once and cooked all my eggs two days before they were due to hatch. I just find this method easier and alot safer/controlled.

Last edited:
lol. Maybe we should start a new thread. If people want to join me.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
That's a good bit of info there :)
I can understand the electricity thing. Especially if you don't have a broody bird or animal that could incubate it.
Would be a great follow for any type of bird!

I'm most probably doing it soon! If I get my eggs in a week or two :D

Edit: By the way what is the name of the book that talks about japanese women doing this? I want to read it.

Last edited:
I'm most probably doing it soon! If I get my eggs in a week or two :D

Edit: By the way what is the name of the book that talks about japanese women doing this? I want to read it.
Sorry not japanese women.

"The Chinese did this it's in the book called (A guide to better hatching by Janet Stromberg)"

How did you manage to keep it in your bra without breaking it? Was it between the cleavage or under? Those are the only areas that I can think of that might be safe to put an egg. I'm kinda tempted to try it. Sounds like an interesting experiment in incubation. 

Did the chick survive? and was the egg on the first day of incubation or was it older when you tried to body hatch it? 

Sounds like some kind of kinky fetish to me lol :lol:

I'll have some serama eggs arriving next week, and will try this out with a couple of them. LOL I took my under bosom temperature and it's almost 100 underneath there. Took that temp 4 times and it stays perfectly consistent. It's more stable than my homemade bator with temp and humidity!

Back
Top Bottom