Boiler issues - Working sort of ;(

Quote:
And a proud sissy too.

When I lived in Georgia I always found it funny that most houses had fireplaces, even apartments and townhomes, yet up here 1 in 5 may have a fireplace or woodburning stove.

My living area is only 900 square feet. It would cost me $500 per month to heat it to 70 degrees using electricity or $250 using propane. I'm a warm blooded yankee. I just let the dogs in, said goodnight to my birds, turned off my barn lights and shut the doors while wearing just a tshirt and boxers. It's 10 degrees out.

yes, I did warm myself by the propane stove/fireplace thing when I got back in.
wink.png

Quote:
Ok, Tala. Please understand what I'm saying here is about the truth, not politics.

The fuel you use to heat your house (assuming oil, gas, wood, coal) is burned and directly related to the amount of heat you need. In other words, the warmer you want it the more you burn. It's pretty simple right?

Now, electricity works VERY differently. Power plants are either on or off. If the power they are making is not used then it's shunted to big toasters called load banks which convert it to heat and essentially wastes it. So, regardless of the temp you set your AC to it makes NO DIFFERENCE in the amount of CO2 and other gases released into the atmosphere. The electricity is being generated whether you are using it or not. This is standard environmental disinformation spread by environmental groups, our government, and corporations that profit off of this misunderstanding.

Now, if I still have your attention, for $3000 you can install thermal solar panels, the kind of solar panel that produces heat, and use it to heat your house thereby reducing the amount of fuel you burn.

Why aren't these things talked about in the media? I don't even want to go there right now.

Turn that thermostat up in the summer and save yourself some cash on your electric bill.
smile.png

And for $3k I could pay off my truck, or several credit cards, or the loan I took out for more energy efficient windows, or maybe add some insulation so I wouldn't NEED as much electricity for heating, or.....I could think of a LOT of things I would do with 3 grand -- and solar pannels wouldn't even make the list of possibilities.

Quote:
And a proud sissy too.

When I lived in Georgia I always found it funny that most houses had fireplaces, even apartments and townhomes, yet up here 1 in 5 may have a fireplace or woodburning stove.

My living area is only 900 square feet. It would cost me $500 per month to heat it to 70 degrees using electricity or $250 using propane. I'm a warm blooded yankee. I just let the dogs in, said goodnight to my birds, turned off my barn lights and shut the doors while wearing just a tshirt and boxers. It's 10 degrees out.

wink.png

I have my fireplace going now. Mine is only 1300 sq feet and we are total electric. (no gas or propane) My power bill runs around 130 to 150 in the winter and in the hottest months it might reach 200. Water is 15.00 a month. I have a friend in Texas who says her water bill runs upwards of 200 a month ... any Texans here that can vouch for that ~ Dallas area.

Quote:
Pregnent wife, 4 daughters, 3 boys and 1 grand baby... I'm outvoted. Besides, I'm on the budget plan and propane only costs me $445 a month now a days.

Does it really cost that much a month?
ep.gif

yeah, and another 120 for electric. About half of a mortgage payment... and michigan has the worst state economy with the highest unemployment... Hrm........ maybe I will head down that aways
wink.png
50 degree heat is t shirt and short weather...

Eh PC?

Quote:
Ok, Tala. Please understand what I'm saying here is about the truth, not politics.

The fuel you use to heat your house (assuming oil, gas, wood, coal) is burned and directly related to the amount of heat you need. In other words, the warmer you want it the more you burn. It's pretty simple right?

Now, electricity works VERY differently. Power plants are either on or off. If the power they are making is not used then it's shunted to big toasters called load banks which convert it to heat and essentially wastes it. So, regardless of the temp you set your AC to it makes NO DIFFERENCE in the amount of CO2 and other gases released into the atmosphere. The electricity is being generated whether you are using it or not. This is standard environmental disinformation spread by environmental groups, our government, and corporations that profit off of this misunderstanding.

Now, if I still have your attention, for $3000 you can install thermal solar panels, the kind of solar panel that produces heat, and use it to heat your house thereby reducing the amount of fuel you burn.

Why aren't these things talked about in the media? I don't even want to go there right now.

Turn that thermostat up in the summer and save yourself some cash on your electric bill.
smile.png

And for $3k I could pay off my truck, or several credit cards, or the loan I took out for more energy efficient windows, or maybe add some insulation so I wouldn't NEED as much electricity for heating, or.....I could think of a LOT of things I would do with 3 grand -- and solar pannels wouldn't even make the list of possibilities.

I hope you understood what I was saying. That's all.

Quote:

wink.png

I have my fireplace going now. Mine is only 1300 sq feet and we are total electric. (no gas or propane) My power bill runs around 130 to 150 in the winter and in the hottest months it might reach 200. Water is 15.00 a month. I have a friend in Texas who says her water bill runs upwards of 200 a month ... any Texans here that can vouch for that ~ Dallas area.

Do you have a heat pump?

I'd love a few thermal panels too. I should have set the house up for them when I rehabbed it. They would pay for themselves in 3 years.

I'm set up for a heat pump here too but haven't installed the condensing unit outside yet. They work well, especially in mild climates.

Back
Top Bottom