Boogety, Boogety, Boogety, Let's Burn the Racetrack, Boys!

Derby-ing and car wrecking is a very serious sport
here. These guys will spend all year building a good
car. Bet there isn't a station wagon left in the county.

You go from county fair to county fair around here.
So you might even need two cars for the season.

Surely someone else here has driven a derby car?
It is beyond fun. But at the same time, it hurts. You'll
be sore for days.

I don't do that anymore. Started taking longer to heal.

My first "derby' was a long time ago. Back when you could
buy a running car for $50-$75 dollars. Me and some of my
friends who weren't very smart, we got us a cheap car apiece
and went at it in a hayfield that hadn't been mowed.

You didn't even see it coming. You just got plowed. These were
regular street cars. Intact. Busted windows. If you wore a helmet
you were a sissy.

We were lucky to live through that.

My friends weren't the smartest people.

How come this old thread got picked up? Oh...because
some ChickwiHumor thinks Jimmy Johnson is hot.

And dear Bunny pips up with her "all the boys are hot".
Some role model for the bucketheads you are...
Hey, now, that's not what I . . . *sigh* why even try? I knew I was gonna get heat for that.
th.gif

DS was a big Jeff Gordon for a while, though the kid was too hyper to watch a whole race. He'd watch with me for a little while, then wander off, and I'd give him the highlights later. For a while, if you asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he'd tell you, "a NASCAR driver." Drove me nuts with his go-cart, 'til the time he rolled it. That made him slow down a little bit, though it was the lack of suspension that caused him to finally lose interest in it. Too hard on the tail-bone. Now the closest he gets is a racing computer game; he's got a small library of those. Every once in a while, he gets me to play.
hide.gif
(demolition derbies may be a lot less fun on the screen, but they're less expensive, too - and less painful!)

Last edited:
I think I was maybe 14 the first time I rolled a car over.
Might of even been younger.

Way back in time there wasn't such a thing as a trash-service
here. You burnt what you could, hauled the rest to a dump.

We had a dump way back in the farm.

It was my turn to drive Dads pickup and haul stuff to the dump.
I'm a bad Spook. I was trying to use dads pickup to "jump" a dirt
mound.

I crashed.

Lost control, turned dads pickup on its side.

Spook...Like I've said before. It just isn't possible to say exactly what
is the dumbest thing I've ever done in a car.

Nascar is too boring to watch

(then again my boss has a 410 and 360 sprint car team-nothing like some mud flying)

Spook...Like I've said before. It just isn't possible to say exactly what
is the dumbest thing I've ever done in a car.
Mine would be one of 4 things.

I was backing up real fast an did a J turn an about half way around I hit a light pole with the front fender. Nasty crash. Cop watched the whole thing.

Used a gravel pile on the side of the road one time to serf the car on two wheels down a road I had never been on... It was a culdesack(spelling?).... Ran out of road..

Slid threw a stop sign an rolled my car in a deep ditch on my way to a field trip... Cop gave me a ride to the bus that was waiting for me... Teacher commented about me getting out of jail just for a field trip with him....

Crossing the grass median on the interstate for the first time in a new $150K class A Kenworth T300 fire truck loaded with 1500 gallons of water. Worried about getting stuck I was going to fast an was airborn over two lanes an landed in the breakdown lane spinning around, just missing the guard rail...

Mine would be one of 4 things.

I was backing up real fast an did a J turn an about half way around I hit a light pole with the front fender. Nasty crash. Cop watched the whole thing.

Used a gravel pile on the side of the road one time to serf the car on two wheels down a road I had never been on... It was a culdesack(spelling?).... Ran out of road..

Slid threw a stop sign an rolled my car in a deep ditch on my way to a field trip... Cop gave me a ride to the bus that was waiting for me... Teacher commented about me getting out of jail just for a field trip with him....

Crossing the grass median on the interstate for the first time in a new $150K class A Kenworth T300 fire truck loaded with 1500 gallons of water. Worried about getting stuck I was going to fast an was airborn over two lanes an landed in the breakdown lane spinning around, just missing the guard rail...
Love the getting out of jail just for the field trip!
gig.gif
Wish I could've seen that firetruck fly!

And I though I was dumb for doing doughnuts in a Nissan hardbody and flipping it on it's side.
th.gif

By the way... Someone somewhere has a picture of a jeep Cherokee standing strait up on its back end with my head out the window smiling for the pic..... Dont know who it was but I had just flipped it up like that an saw them go to take a picture so I posed.... Was not my Jeep ether....

Back
Top Bottom